can you give me a list of medigap insurance carriers?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are several Medicare Supplement Insurance Carriers, (Medigap).

The Standardized plans, A thru L are the same with each carriers, as long as they are identified as the Standard Plans, each plan provides different benefits.

The thing you have to look for when selecting a carrier, is how they determine rates,

Some companies use a Community Rating, which means the premium will increase as whole for the entire group.

You also have Entry Age, so the rate is determined on how old you are when you are coming into the plan, and then usually community rated there after.

And you have Attained Age rating, so as you continue to age, you will have a premium increase, and also a yearly increase on a Community rating.

You can get a list of carriers from Medicare at their website, www.medicare.gov

Source(s): Licensed Insurance Producer
  • Custo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

go to www.medicare.gov

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. In brown lettering, there are links. Click the one called " Compare Health Plans and Medigap Policies in Your Area "

Then, when the next page loads, click the gray button on the left that says 'find and compare plans'

Follow the search options.

It'll help you compare the ones available in your area. Not all companies and plans are available in all areas, so there's no fast easy way to answer your question. Don't waste your time with a broker.

Source(s): wk in insurance 10+ yrs
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You need to call your state insurance department. Only the plans sold in your state are available to you. They approve each plan, and they have a list available to the public. It does you no good to get a complete list of all products if you can't use most of them.

Make sure the company is financially solid, get familiar with the "standardized plans" so you can compare apples to apples, get part "D" included (Prescription drug) if you choose - it is often cheaper if not purchased separately. Blue Cross plans are the first place to look, according to an old Consumers Report article. They differ in each locale. Use your local one as a basis of comparison. Most other companies won't be nearly as good, my estimate. I'm an insurance broker since 1980.

• 1 decade ago

no i cant. but if you "google" medigap insurance companies , you might be able to obtain a list of them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Kaiser Permanete or Blue Cross/Blue Shield

Source(s): www.ssa.gov
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.