If someone's father committed suicide in prison,1983building that is now gone.Can you get dealth certificate?

any help

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It doesn't matter where the person dies, the death certificate will be made available by the city where the death occured. You can get them at the same place you would get your birth certificate.

  • Amy S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    Death certificates are normally held by the County Recorder in the county in which the death occurred. Do an internet search for the prison, find out which county it was in, and contact the County Recorder's Office for that County. The Board of Prisons will have a copy of it, for their records, but they will NOT be able to release it to you.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Yes... start with your county clerk (the county he died in, not the one you live in nessicarily)... ask for a copy, you will likely have to fill out some forms... may even have to prove you're his next of kin... its all good, as long as you can do those things it should be no problem...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.