Why Do Black People Judge Skin Bleaching?

i am simply wondering...once i bleached an iron burn but i'm not into skin bleaching...but i don't see anything wrong with it. about 90% of BLack women perm their hair (or more) they are making their hair straight so it may look more like a caucasian person's hair...it is a form of... show more i am simply wondering...once i bleached an iron burn but i'm not into skin bleaching...but i don't see anything wrong with it.

about 90% of BLack women perm their hair (or more)
they are making their hair straight so it may look more like a caucasian person's hair...it is a form of assimilation
when someone perms their hair they must constantly flat iron it to upkeep it

whereas skin bleaching is frowned on because it is a more obvious form of assimilation. a person bleaches their skin for at least 2 weeks to show some kind of result to lighten their skin

if anything skin bleaching is better than hair perms. IF i bleached my skin i could go sit in the sun all day and be brown again. if i perm my hair i must wait like 2-4 months for the permed hair to grow out.

No Michael Jackson comments.
Update: ASSIMILATE--the process whereby a minority group gradually adopts the customs and attitudes of the prevailing culture. This presumes a loss of many characteristics .
Update 2: what picture???
Update 3: music--i wear my hair natural and it is very manageable. you just think your hair is not manageable because you have been brainwashed to think black is bad. YOU CANNOT JUDGE ONE FORM OF ASSIMILATION AND THEN PRACTICE ANOTHER...YOU ARE IN DEEP DENIAL AND REALLY NEED TO THINK ABOUT THINGS
Update 4: actually FREEHURT you dumb ho black ppl call relaxers "perms" look it up in the damn encyclopedia.
13 answers 13