I was asked to give contacts to ING BANK NETHERLANDS YAHOO to CLEARANCE/VERIFICATION on winning yahoo lottery

YAHOO ONLINE LOTTERY

LEGAL VERIFICATION/CLEARANCE OFFICE

57b CHURCHILL AVENUE, TOTTENHAM LH24 CQ

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: (+44) 7024064491

ATTENTION: Henwa Moustafa

This is to formally inform you that your contact information has been sent to

YAHOO! AFFILIATING BANK (ING Bank NL.) where your money is safely deposited for payment purpose.

ING Bank NL. is one of the sponsors of YAHOO! ONLINE LOTTERY and is the Official affiliating Bank of the YAHOO! Corporation world wide.

By this email, you have finally been cleared and certified for payment.

We advice that you contact the above mentioned bank through their contact details below so as to receive your prize money.

While contacting them, you are to scan and attach a copy of either your driving license or your international passport page or any relevant internationally recognized document carrying your photograph to meet with international banking requirement.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Did you enter this lotto, NO, common sense should have jumped in here by now. So go let them steal your money and learn from it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don't get anything for nothing, it's a scam do not answer do not give personal information. Just google scam and see how many hits yoou get, there are millions of them and they are all aimed at taking your money.An excellent site giving advice on how to recognise and avoid scams is at www.rz-berlin.mpg.de/~wm/wm-lotto.html Also If you go to the following link you will get some info on ID theft www.identity-theft.org.uk the iinternet is safe enough if you are careful but please answer nothing that you are doubtful about.Good Luck and be careful.

• 1 decade ago

this is a scam, this is a scam! I get these several times a week sometimes I have fun telling them ive sent the claim fee and get them all excited. None of these ever turn out to be honest, so just either delete them or have a laugh pranking them!

Source(s): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud
  • 1 decade ago

Dont ever trust anyone who wants so much personal information. Do not give your bank details, it is most probably a con, I had a few myself and ignored them. If you are not convinced, e-mail the sender and ask them to send you a cheque, bet you dont get a response. Think about identity theft and the trouble it can cause before you give ANYONE too much personal information!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Did you enter the lottery? Doubtful. I wouldn't give anyone bank details that I didn't know, probably a scam!!!

• 1 decade ago

DONT DO IT !!!!!

Its a scam don't give any personal details out to anybody on the net just delete it If you haven't entered it its impossible to win it

• Ms Dee
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

This is a scam! You must realise that. You scan them your info and they will sell your information onto someone else.

• Polo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's a scam, don't give out any of your details. Yahoo! don't do lotteries.

• 1 decade ago

I have just answered a very similar question here:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ar...

All of these spoof emails are "phising" for information from you and are often fraudulent.

Heres 2 useful resources:

https://www.youplayweplay.co.uk/?pgid=scams&ref=mi...

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/informat...

• 1 decade ago

It's a scam.

They want you to pay 'fees' to release your funds...

Also, they want all your personal details so they can access your bank account, and get loans in your name.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.