Gulf Shores, Alabama?
I am going to gulf shores, al in june. are there any activities to do? snorkeling, jet ski, water bikes...just looking for some activities to do for fun. If there is a website anybody knows of with this information please let me know. Also are there any decent sized sea shells on the shore in gulf shores.
- Bio InstructorLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
There is a ton of stuff to do there... we are going next weekend and usually go once every couple of years. I've been researching other things to do (away from the beach), so I have a few links that may help you out.
1. If you need to find things to do a visitors bureau is at:
Alabama Gulf Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau
23685 Perdido Beach Blvd
Orange Beach, AL 36561
that's just east of Gulf Shores, but there maybe one closer to where you are staying. I have this addy b/c this is the one closest to our condo.
3. Here's the events going on in June (Click link below for more info):
Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center presents Pompeii Date: 1/12/2007 - 6/3/2007
Mudbugs and Music Crawfish Festival Date: 6/2/2007
32nd Annual Alabama Open Spearfishing Rodeo Date: 6/8/2007 - 6/10/2007
Fort Morgan Candlelight Tour Date: 6/12/2007
2007 Gulf Shores Out & In Concert Series presents Doug Breau Date: 6/14/2007
The 3rd Annual Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival Date: 6/15/2007 - 6/17/2007
30th Annual Ladies Tournament Date: 6/15/2007 - 6/17/2007
The Wharf presents Poison with special guest: Ratt Date: 6/15/2007
Fort Morgan Candlelight Tour Date: 6/19/2007
The Wharf presents Steve Miller Band Date: 6/22/2007
National Select 7-on-7 Championships Date: 6/22/2007 - 6/23/2007
Fort Morgan Candlelight Tour Date: 6/26/2007
24th Annual Junior Angler Tournament Date: 6/29/2007 - 6/30/2007
3. Another link w/ info: http://www.alagulfcoastchamber.com/
4. Yes you can snorkel. There are places located along the beach for you to rent a jet ski or water bike.
5. A fun place to eat is Lambert's- where they throw rolls at you. It's in Foley, maybe 20 mins away.
6. Foley's Outlet Mall isn't far away-- if you want to spend a few hrs shopping.
7. State Park is btwn Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
8. Mobile has the battle ship- that's fun to go through-- unless you don't like tight quarters- cuz the doorways and areas inside the ship are really small. And we always enjoyed the trip over there and going through the tunnel before you got to the ship.
9. One more link for ya: http://www.touralabama.org/
10. Dauphin Island used to be fun to go to. It's kinda out of the way though-- not sure how it is now after the hurricanes, but it might be worth checking out.
11. There is a zoo in Gulf Shores, but I've never been to it.
12. There used to be a waterpark (something like Waterpark USA) and it was neat too.
- sun_shinevtLv 61 decade ago
When I went to Gulfshores a couple years ago, we did I think a 6 hour deep sea fishing trip (they take you about 2 miles out into the Gulf), I had alot of fun, even though I was the only girl, caught lots of fish, they even included into the price, the bait which they put on the hook for you, and they will "clean" your fish for you to take home if you want. Caught lots of Snapper & Amberjacks. I think Gulfshores has a tourism website, they should be able to give you other attractions in the area. I do know that there is a civil war fort near Gulfshores, also in the Bay of Mobile you can take a tour of the "retired" USS Alabama navy ship.