Celi
Celi asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

Dandelions? I think I already know the answer, but does anyone know of any ecofriendly tips for killing them?

I've been digging them out 'til my back hurts......and the next day the yard will be covered with a new crop of blooms. I really

don't like using harsh chemicals but wouldn't be above trying something less draconian......that wouldn't kill surrounding grass, if there is such a miracle out there, which I doubt. But you never know; Y!Answers has surprised me before!

Favorite Answer

There is a tool called a weed puller. This you push into the core of the weed then it has a way to close it up so it grasps the root and then you pull it up. This is the best way to get rid of Dandelions.

• Cosmos

My husband uses Weed & Feed, which attacks broad leaf weed, such as dandelions, while feeding your lawn grass, but I still need to pull dandelions from my lawn. Nothing much works on dandelions to me...unfortunately. I know that straight white vinegar works, but it also kill the surrounding grass. I try to pull them when they are still young, in early spring, and when the soil is damp. I think it's easier to pull them out. If you leave even a bit of root in the ground, it'll come back. I do have a backsaver weed puller, though. It helps. Have a happy weeding!

eco freindly?? dig 'em. that's the only way other than chemicals..

be sure you get ALL of the root.

Sorry!

I use weed b gone.

Umm, why do you need to kill them? The greens are nutritious and the flowers are pretty.