Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 1 decade ago

Skating Music suggestions?

I need music suggestions for an Adult Silver competition piece. I like classical music or dramatic music.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Try to find music that is suitable with your program (upbeat or slow etc) and your skating style (powerful/technical or grace/elegant etc). Most importantly is that you need to be able to connect and "feel" the music/song/lyrics.

If you like classical music, I think you can try to check out these music:

1. Nocturne No.2 OP.9-2 in E flat major (Chopin)

2. Conte Partiro (Andrea Bocelli)

3. Rhapsody in Blue (George Gershwin)

4. Fruhlingslied (Felix Mendelssohn)

5. Traumerei (Robert Schumann)

6. The Entertainer

7. Jeux interdits

if you want to try other music such as pop and jazz:

1. songs form Jazz Suite No. 2 by Dmitri Shostakovich (one of them is used for Eyes Wide Shut)

2. Fields of gold (Eva Cassidy)

3. Over the rainbow

4. Memories

5. Moon River

6. All the way (celine dion)

7. The look of love

8. What a wonderful world

9. The final countdown (more dramatic type)

10. You raise me up (Josh Groban)

If you want to try something more upbeat, try some samba/latin (that still has some jazz and classic feel and not too upbeat which usually not a good music for skating) such as Pink Martini's mucis: Lilly, Anna, Let's never stop falling in love (from Mr and Mrs Smith movie), Hang on Little tomato, Amando Mio, la soledad or Sympathique. you can remove the lyrics if instrumental is more suitable.

Hope you find your music and have fun with your program.

Every once in a while, you come across music that SHOULD be skated to by someone. Have you ever heard the "Waltz from Carousel?" It's a little hard to find the soundtrack for the musical/movie "Carousel" but you can find that song on compilation CD's. I've included a listening link below, but the whole piece has a lot of variation in tempo and intensity.

The entire song is pretty long, so you'll need to cut it to the 2m10s length you need for Adult Silver.

Source(s): Listening link (Walmart Music) mms://music.walmart.com/g2demand/006/05/28/81/31/02/0060528813102.01.01.001.asf Compilation CD: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000057MS?tag=classicaln...

Whatever song you choose, make sure it has no lyrics in it.

If you desire classical music, I would recommend you buy the CD Set, Classics on Ice. Other songs that are slow and classic: Beauty & the Beast, Romeo & Juliet, Harem, Four Seasons.

Music from Cirque Du Soleil is a very good choice, too.

Here's a list of a few classics:

New York, New York

La Bamba

Nocturne

Rhapsody in Blue

Elvira Madigan Theme

Sugar Plum Faeries

Espani Cani

Fire Dance

I really like The New World by Dvorak. Not largo, the other selcection that inioue and baldwin used. Pirates of the Carribean had some great stuff, but it's mistly fast. I love Chopin it skate to. I feel that it is easy in be artsitc to his music. Selct somthing that you feel. Listen to a lot of music on Limewire. this is a great way to get music for free and try out new things.

Have you ever heard the "Waltz from Carousel?" It's a little hard to find the soundtrack for the musical/movie "Carousel" but you can find that song on compilation CD's. I've included a listening link below, but the whole piece has a lot of variation in tempo and intensity.

If you need it for around Christmas then I suggest anything from the Nutcracker. Anything else I would go with recent but easy to skate to like certain songs from PotC (Pirates of the Caribbean).

• I agree with musicguru. Those pieces sound really good for skating. But I strongly recommend four seasons, because, there is an intense mood, making your program more exciting to watch. Music is also a key to a successful program. you have to be able to feel it to perform it well.

Numerous CDs and music listed on this website.

http://www.sonicedgemusic.com/catalog.html

http://www.sonicedgemusic.com/pcmusic.html

I recommend Romeo & Juliet, Eine Kleine, Sleeping Beauty, The Four Seasons to name a few.

MusicGuru

I suggest Jack Johnson if you are doing a slower routine... he has some good ones (example: "Bubble Toes", "Sitting Waiting Wishing", etc.) also some other good ones (for slow songs):

"Closing Time" - Semisonic

"Stop Draggin' my heart around"- Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty

But if you are doing a fast one try...

"Where's your head at?" - Basement Jaxx,

"Go your own way" -Fleet wood mac

"Instant Replay" - Dan Hartman

"Is It any Wonder?" - Keane

"Satisfaction" - Benny Benassi & The Biz

Hope that helped! And good luck<3

"So She Dances" by Josh Groban. It has a really good 3/4 pulse, and starts out calm but is very climatic in the second half.

"To Where You Are" by JG is very dramatic also.