Once you have a floater in your eye is it there all day every day?

I am myopic, pretty strong rx, my left eye (the one with the floater) also has an astigmatism. Can I do anything about this? Do I need a doctor? My husband says I should calm down as I am 42 and it is just middle age. He says he's had them constantly for 15 years (he's 54) and they are there 24/7 and you... show more I am myopic, pretty strong rx, my left eye (the one with the floater) also has an astigmatism. Can I do anything about this? Do I need a doctor? My husband says I should calm down as I am 42 and it is just middle age. He says he's had them constantly for 15 years (he's 54) and they are there 24/7 and you get used to it. Is this what happens to most people? Are they always there, 24/7 like he says? How do you get used to that? Could there be a connection between that and my myopia/astigmatism?