Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

traveling nurses...?

I'm interested in becoming an RN, and I also want to travel. However, I have some questions about "travel nurses."

Do travel nurses get to travel and work in other countries??? If so, which agency allows that? Also, do the agencies allow you to pick which countries or places you want to work at?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My friend has worked in Canada, the U.K. U.S.A, Bermuda, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland through an Irish agency and she chose where she wanted to work. She is a theatre nurse and another friend is in oncology and is doing the same around Australia. Good luck, nursing is great work.

Source(s): 15 years nursing.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, travel nurses get to work in other cities, states, and countries. I've included the link to ReadyRecruit below where a couple of my friends work as travel nurses. And as a travel nurse you can pick your assignments.

Hope this helps in some small way. Wishing you much success.

• ne11
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

My friend's sister is a traveling nurse. She only works in the US. She works for 3-6 months in an area that interests her.

She loves the flexibility and adventure of living in new locales.

Call your local hospital and ask for a reference point. I'm sure they have a data base that will help you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.