Do you PLAY A Musical Instrument by note or EAR? Where do you play?

and also tell us if you sing when you play. o.k?

Favorite Answer

I play the piano by both. I can read music, but if I hear a song on the radio that has a piano in it then I can listen and figure out how to play it on the piano.

I've been playing the piano for 11 years now. I don't play anywhere...and I sing while I play but not in public. Heh.

I'm sort of modest about it, I guess.

I sometimes play guitar by ear. Sometimes I sing when I play, sometimes not. I don't play real well, I kind of got to a point and didn't really get any better so I got frustrated and stopped for the most part. The most public playing I did was on the worship team at my church, but never sang with them. Once I taught my friend a song and we played dual guitar parts and I sang it in front of a bunch of people at a school awards show. Can't believe I did it, I pretty much am terrified of stuff like that. Don't know what got into me! I am really wanting to learn bass and drums too.

I play guitar by ear and know quite a few songs as I play and sing in a small band for folks in a nursing home. I play and sing The Thrill is Gone, My Girl, Sitting on the Dock of the Bay, Hey Jude, Folsom Prison Blues, Midnight Special, Down on the Corner, Daydream, Before Tou Accuse Me and quite a few more. I love playing music and singing. My sweetheart is an excellent singer and I love when we sing together. I wrote a song for her and another one.

Hi!, I make musical instruments,and I can read music,and write music, and play 3 different stringed instruments, but I do not sing.It is not that I can't sing, or carry a tune, I just don't have a very good voice and I don't like my singing.I can also play by ear.

i play a musical instrument by both note and ear. if you hum a tune right now, i'll be able to play that tune almost. i'll miss a couple of notes here and there, but i'm still best at playing by note. and i don't sing when i play because i can't (i play trumpet).

i play the alto saxophone so obviously i don't sing when i play. i usually play off of music, however i also do some improvising. if i work really hard i can sometimes figure out how to play something i have heard. i defiantly prefer sheet music though!

i play guitar but i use tabliture and i play by both ear and note and no i dont sing

I play guitar, piano, bass, drums, and sing all by ear. I'm actually pretty good; I have some minor business attention.

I play a few instruments..

First and foremost the guitar, I play by ear.

The rest are all by notes, they are..

Flute, Bassoon, and Piano.

I learned to play piano by ear if that helps.