Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Probation Question? (Case Review)?

Ok I've been on probation for 8 months out of 12. I have a case review at the end of this week and I'm wondering if they will let me off. Since ive completed the Education Classes, Community Service, Payed My Fines, and Passed Drug Tests. Can they, or do you think they will Let me off probation. But I still have a court date Aug 30, 2007 as the final.

The program i was in was ASAP, and i live in Virginia

This was also the first time i was in trouble for the law, also i had 6 months restricted license. which i got back now

I go in maybe once a month for a drug test

the meetings with the probation office, i dont have to go to court til aug 30

Favorite Answer

Your case review is actually an INTERIM PROOF OF COMPLIANCE. This is a hearing to determine your status and your adherence to the terms of your probation, as well as any and all court orders.

Although, you may be in compliance for 8 of the 12 months of probation, you will not be let off until the probation is final. Remember to go to your court hearings, as non-sppearance is a violation of your probation and a bench warrant could be ordered for your arrest.

Source(s): Law Clerk 5 years
  • wrkey

Generally they don't 'let people off' of probation except for extreme circumstances such as moving out of state, joining the military, etc. You will most likely have to 'stick it out' until the August date.

However, having spent a little time on probation back in my younger and dumber day, I can tell you it's best to realize that the rules they want you to live by (no drinking, no drugs, etc.) is probably a good idea for your the rest of your life anyway. You probably already know this but I wanted others that read this to realize the same.

Good luck!

As long as you have completed everything they asked you to and not gotten into any more trouble.... the Judge can reduce the amount of time you are on probation. If they would let you go early they would cancel your court date in august.

Normally as long as there is no other offenses and your drug screens are clean and you have complied with ALL orders they will let you go.

Are you having to report in every week/month? If so, since you have been successful, they may just have you as probation on paper, but you wont have to report in, unless you get in any trouble. Congratulations, also, on your good job, keep up the good work!

Be There, or Be Square! Remember the works of the "Anthropologist of Time", Edward Hall, who said that Middle Easterners have a different concept of "being on time."

Be On Time, Make Sure Your Clothes are Clean and Neat, and that's IT..

Routine matter to see how you have been doing and whether you have been following the requirements of your probation.

• Ben

Be clean, contrite and courteous before the judge. Don't speak unless spoken to and keep any explanations short. Use 'sir' or 'your honor' - discover which by sitting in on some other cases before you - might even be good to sit in on one (or more) a month before yours that's very similar to yours just to see how things are handled by various judges.

They should if you have completed the required punishments

Good Luck!!!!!

P.S. Stay out of trouble this time.

completely up to the judge of this case

and your PO would have to request this

you have done nothing wrong on probation so you they cant