Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Why can't we CHOOSE where our tax dollars go?

Wouldn't it be nice if you can choose where your tax dollars go? You log on to the US treasury website. Click on the things you want your money to go to...(I would pick healthcare and education). The money is then allocated to the departments that take care of what you want to put your money in. That way...politicians can't use our money to do things that we don't want them to do.

now how can I propose this into a bill?

we spent around 500 billion dollars in the millitary.

I DO NOT WANT MY MONEY TO GO INTO MAKING BOMBS TO KILL PEOPLE.

Favorite Answer

Do you really want to trust John Q. Public with such a monumental issue? Majority of this nation is lacking any intelligence to decide responsibly and objectively where the money should go. Let's also keep in mind that voters as it is make incredibly ill-informed decisions and those in the 18-25 crowd often vote more by what's cool than they do about the issues. Sorry, but I don't want some punk kid deciding things like that.

As much as I'd love to see some programs go, I'd rather trust the politicians and the power of general voting of said politicians than I do the entire public.

you're able to desire to have a device that provides alleviation to low-earners. in any different case the tax burden on known working human beings could bypass contained in direction of the roof. I truthfully have a incredible homestead, stay very extremely yet no longer extravagantly and have an useful fee of 8% with out claiming any fancy deductions. the suited estimate I truthfully have considered is that a countrywide sales tax could run at approximately 17-19%. Why would desire to I vote for my taxes to double? i'm a median salary-earner with potentialities. there are distinctive me approximately. So, in case you enforce some form of scheme to rebate maximum folk of human beings, what style of bureacracy do you think of could be required? some thing like the IRS in line with danger? How could one tutor that one became entitled to alleviation? W-2's and 1099's? How could you record that to the Rebate Authority? some form of tax return? The Tax regulation fee positioned some remarkable recommendations on the President's table final 12 months. in addition they positioned some idiotic ones there too, yet i'm confident they may be weeded out. What the fee would not envisage is the substitute of earnings tax with sales tax. I want i'd desire to locate the link to the record. I examine it on the AICPA internet site, even nevertheless it seems as though it would desire to have been moved to the individuals purely section.

When politicians spend money on things the public disagrees with, the public can remove that person from office in the next election. And because all spending bills originate in the House, that occurs every two years.

Because everyone would pick health care and education and other things would not get enough money. That is why we have people to decide for us. They look at what needs to be paid and they will take the tax money a disperse it as needed.

that would be a good idea but then there are a few flaws. if people got to choose where their money went there would be things we would need to get done or need the money for and not have it because someone chose something different. in theory it would be a good idea but in the long run it would cause a lot of problems.

We elect Representatives based on their party and views but they in the end move on what to spend the money on, so if we have a complaint we usually have to wait patiently to get rid of them, their opinions are not the same as ours in every matter, so they choose differently than what we want. that's why its a Representative democracy, we elect others to represent us. in a regular democracy we would have to vote on everything, from wars, to whether or not the white house printer gets more ink cartridges using tax money. so we would vote every 5 minutes on new things.As to the bill part, May want to mail your senator/Representative of your district and ask them to help.

I don't like my money going to other country's in the form of humanitarian aid that is then used to make bombs to kill our soldiers.. I don't like my tax money going to country's in the form of any aid when that country hated us before then and still hates us afterward, they sure don't mind cashing those checks do they?

And being a pro-lifer I don't want my tax money going to any clinic that gives abortions.

Could people that think as I do get that bill passed? I highly doubt it.

We do, just vote for the right people who have the same beliefs as you. Instead of voting for someone who will put all you tax dollars in bombarding Irak, vote for someone who cares about education, family, poverty, etc... Its actually quite simple.

We'd have some people who paid almost nothing and some who paid a lot. Oh, wait... that's how it is now.

And we'd have some people spending tax money crazy things that don't really help anyone. Oh, wait... that's how it is now.

I guess it wouldn't change things much!

it would be impossible to do this. how would we get that bridge to nowhere in alaska built? to many programs to give to specific entities. and if most people said education and healthcare how would our military be funded? how would highways get built?