Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Albany or Western New England Law?

Should I go to Albany law and take on $150k in debt or Western New England law and take on about $75k in debt. Albany is in New York's state capital and I hope to practice law in the New York City Area. Over the course of a career will the extra $75k matter that much? Is it worth it to attend the higher ranked school (Albany) within the state I want to practice?

Favorite Answer

I live in New York, and I'm going to venture that while 75K more for law school in the short run is rough, but it's probably better to have gone to law school in the state you take the bar in.

In the long run, 75k to a lawyer can be just one high profile case, or a few small ones... so either way, it will workout.

Source(s): I worked for a lawyer in New York for about 7 years