Do people make it a point to see trailers before going to see the movies?

everyone has a right to their opinion--that is really not what this is about. but i read so many opinions from people being disappointed in films (and their reasons why), i don't understand it. for the most part, if i see a trailer for a film, i basically know what i am getting myself into. if... show more everyone has a right to their opinion--that is really not what this is about.

but i read so many opinions from people being disappointed in films (and their reasons why), i don't understand it.

for the most part, if i see a trailer for a film, i basically know what i am getting myself into.

if it's not a "type" of film i like, i don't go see it.

but reading the reviews here, it's as if some people intentionally go to see films blindly or see film types they don't like--and then come out of the film and give it a bad review.

for instance, typically i don't like "chick flicks," so i don't watch them. typically, i also would not critique them because they are not a type of film that i like or "get."

now i can see Ebert doing this--because he's getting paid to do so.

but what is up with some of the other people?

some people don't seem smart enough to understand:

if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck--it's probably a duck.
Update: i try to see at least two first-run movies every week--and if i have no idea what the story is about, i would never ever consider going without seeing a trailer. yes, i'm one of those people that got blindsided by Bridge to Terabithia too (and i was really ticked off)--but that movie is the exception, not... show more i try to see at least two first-run movies every week--and if i have no idea what the story is about, i would never ever consider going without seeing a trailer.

yes, i'm one of those people that got blindsided by Bridge to Terabithia too (and i was really ticked off)--but that movie is the exception, not the rule.

yes, i still think some movies aren't good after seeing them--but the trailer at least gives me a "fighting chance" of spending my money on something i will find worthwhile.

again, my question is do you make a point to see the trailers?