Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

In your opinion whats the best way to cook catfish.?

I like soaking mine in lemon pepper marinade then bake it. So come and tell some of what you like as well. Yea i love to catfish by the way.

Must be the french in me.;)

I cooked some up last night that i had caught sunday. I then took two extra pounds, sliced it up, and threw that in the dehydrator to make jerky out of it. Trust me folks, with the right ingredients, Catfish jerky is really hard to beat.

Favorite Answer

I fried my catfish..yum!

Classic Fried Catfish

4-6 catfish fillets

3/4 cup yellow cornmeal

1/4 cup flour

2 tsp salt

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder

veggie oil

Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Coated thawed catfish with mixture, shaking off excess. fill deep pot or 12 inch skillet half full with veggie oil. Heat to 350 degrees F. Add catfish in single layer, and fry until golden brown, about 5 -6 minutes depending on size. Remove and drain on paper towels and sprinkle some salt while its warm.

Enjoy!!

• lamons

Down south we call those sucker patties components 2 lbs. filleted bullheads or different fish a million great uncooked potato a million small onion a million great or 2 small eggs 2 tbsp. flour salt and pepper and seasoning in part freeze for grinding instructions Grind fillets corsley, grind potato and onion. mixture with ultimate components. Drop by tablespoon right into a million/2 inch warm fat. 1st Baron Beaverbrook fat is amazingly solid because it provides to the flavour. Fry till golden brown on the two aspects, or make in paties and dip in pancake flour. or start up with 4 Catfish fillets components a million cup corn meal a million cup all purpose flour, sifted a million and a million/2 teaspoon salt a million/2 teaspoon pepper a million/2 teaspoon ginger 3 eggs 2 tablespoon water Cooking oil technique mixture the corn meal, flour, salt, and pepper. In a various bowl, upload the eggs, water, ginger and beat. Dip the fillets into the egg mixture and then coat the two aspects of fish with the corn meal and flour mixture. In a skillet, fry the lined fish in warm oil (3 hundred-F on Medium) till you notice the outer edges coating turning a mild golden brown then turn over as quickly as, while fish flakes with a fork this is finished. do no longer overcook. Makes 4 Servings

Fried is awsome with cornmeal, but i enjoy it done in shake n bake original and i add 3 tablespoons of lemon pepper to the crumbs before breading.

aswome

I can only tolerate it if it's fried in cornmeal. If I find a bone it's over for me! The bone thing keeps me from eating catfish...Lemon pepper is awesome, I like shark steaks grilled with it..now that's good eating.

I catch mine. Take them home and filet them. Bake at 350 with butter, lemon pepper, sliced onions,bell pepper for 1.5 hours or until fish is flakey.

Deep fried catfish with lots of hushpuppies and vinegar cole slaw has my bunch running for the table!

i all ways cut my catfish into strips put into bowl and in another bowl a couple 2 or 3 eggs o.k. now u take a hole pack of crackers and pour them into a big zip-lock bag and smash them with a rolling pin real fine then take your fish get some egg on them all over them and then put your fish into the crackers bowl get crackers on both sides of your fish and deep fry until done.

Zataran's makes a fish cornmeal coating that is AWESOME... there's just enough spice and it's super easy. Just coat and pan fry in some oil. YUMMY!! I agree, hush puppies on the side!!!

I usually fry it in the flour and egg really nice. I catch a fish in the morning by the evening i've got a dinner.

Blackened...

You can get the season in any store, if you don't like spice, then use lightly, however, it is very good...

High heat is the key... if you have a cast iron skillet, then use that.