What is an easy car to upgrade?

I'm talking about upgrading performance as well as style. I know the honda civic is one but i want to start off with a car that already has a good engine, etc etc. For example the toyota camry has a 3.0 L engine but it is impossible to find a supercharger or a turbocharger on it. Whereas the civic has a 1.8L engine but finding a turbocharger for it is way easier.

I'm looking for a car that has a 2.5L+ engine which can be upgraded easily.

thanks!

Favorite Answer

Don't go with Honda. Yeah, they're easy to upgrade, but they're also one of the crappiest pieces of machinery out there.

I myself own a 2001 Toyota Celica and I've put a cold air intake on it, TRD turbocharger, headers, downpipe, hollowed out 12" glasspack, cams, lifters, pistons, and weight reduction, all for about $8,000.

As far as my 1997 Eclipse, it's got everything internal done to the engine for about $13,000 -- new head, new block, etc -- $6,000 race tranny, gutted and upgraded, complete aftermarket interiour (back seat taken out and replaced with moulded fiberglass for 4 12" subs, as well as the glove box taken out and a fiberglass-enclosed 12" sub where it used to be) ... you name it, it's aftermarket.

Really, it's all about personal style and preference, but you can upgrade ANYTHING on ANY car. And don't be fooled by what you see on the market... just because they don't sell a super or turbo charger for a Camry doesn't mean you can't throw a turbocharged MR2 motor in it. In fact, one of my friends just got done swapping a built Chevy 350 block into his Mazda RX-7. Point is, don't be fooled by what you see for sale... anything is possible on any car, and if you go by what you see on the market, you're going to end up wasting a LOT of money.

Cheap Cars To Upgrade

The most cost effective and best bang for the buck car to upgrade is the 87 to 93 mustang 5.0... for under a grand you can make a 5-speed 5.0 dust almost every car on the road. and they are really cheap to purchase. a honda you put a grand into it and you get 200 horsepower, a 5.0 and you have well over 320 horses to play with, along with a really intimidating ride to anyone who pulls up next to you. My last ride was an lt-1 z-28, and i dreaded every mustang that pulled up next to me and had an exhaust cause i knew that they didnt stop there. the best car to upgrade in my opinion...........

Source(s): owned 4 mustang 5 litres and an lt-1 along with an ls-1 z-28

try anything by nissan... the 240sx has a billion different parts by different companies, 300zx is also a good car.. but a bit pricy i own one i would know.. or if u want to stick with american cars the camaro/trans-am are easy to upgrade or even easier the ford mustang.

but remember no matter what u get performance is not cheap

Couple of cars come to mind....

Toyota Celica

Subaru Impreza

Nissan 300zx

VW GTI

Without a price range, you really have quite a few...under $15,000 is what I think you were aiming for...

CIVICS ARE LEGO CARS THEY ARE CRAP STOCK but when u upgrade them with a good amount of moeny they get good

Honda's are a waste of time. I though you were serious till I read the junk you want to waste your time and money on.

There is not much you can do to make it look better. My suggestion is to use it in its current condition. Anything you invest in it will never be recovered.

Neon is a 2.0L and is turbo charged. STi and Evo ar all turbo charged.

• Titan

try the:

Mitsubishi lancer/lancer evo( bit pricey)

VW Golf

Toyota Supra (u might just get a modded one)

Nissan 350Z

Ford Mustang