Lv 4
... asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 decade ago

How do I get a quorum for a 50/50 corporation when the other half won't respond?

This can't be the first time something like this has happened...surely there is some general provion for this? It is a california corp and I want to keep it for financial reasons - I want to make a capital call to bring the corp back to solvent, but the other guy won't have the money...I would like to buy him out in exchange for paying his capital call - BUT I can't get him to respond to any form of Notice of Special Meeting. And, of course, it is a 50/50 corp with no provisions in the by-laws for this situation.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Do the bylaws specify exactly what has to happen for "notice" to be served? i.e. registered mail or whatever? As long as you do that, can you get him for non-response of some kind?

    If not, time to call the lawyer who did the bylaws and ask him.



Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.