Can a landlord raise my rent for replacing a 20+ year old carpet in my London, Ontario apartment?

This is the original carpet that was in the apartment when it was built....the carpet appears dirty and worn in the main traffic areas and despite constant cleaning the dirt reappears. Am I entitled to a new carpet?
Update: Glencair; I was informed by the Super that the landlord would raise my rent by $20/month if he replaced the carpet. No damage has been done by me, it's just worn out...in fact, I've improved the appearance of the apartment...I painted all the walls and balcony, fixed all the cupboards, added shelves,... show more Glencair; I was informed by the Super that the landlord would raise my rent by $20/month if he replaced the carpet. No damage has been done by me, it's just worn out...in fact, I've improved the appearance of the apartment...I painted all the walls and balcony, fixed all the cupboards, added shelves, purchased my own stove and fridge, since the ones in the apartment were not working properly...he finally replaced the fridges in the building withy smaller ones, but not the stoves...so I bought my own.