RPG games for psp/ps2?

is there any good RPG games for psp/ps2? yea i know there are good ones but i need help finding them lol

i have played Kingdom Hearts 1 &2, Final Fantasy 7, 10-2, 12, and i really cant think of any other ones raite now [its not alot] but i hear about alot of them, any actual good ones

i heard of Spectral Souls for PSP but i heard the load times suck....?

i like the pokemon games, are there any for ps2? and is it good?

just any information would be nice.

Grand Theft Auto games get booring to me after a wile and i dont consider them RPG, im talking about old school rpg, like, go to towns, buy weapons, level up, cusomise party, old fashon "save the world" type of thing

=]

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am not sure for the PSP (It seems to have mostly sports and puzzle games like Luminous - they do have a few RPGs scheduled to come out later this year like Elder Scrolls : Oblivion, and a Final Fantasy game), but there are a ton of good RPGs for the PS2.

Okami (One of the best RPGs ever-looks like Japanese watercolor) ranks up there with the Kingdom Hearts series as some of the best RPGs. X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are all very similar RPGs that are pretty good. Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance is a decent OLD old school type RPG. I also heard good things about Shadow of the Colossus, but have not tried it yet, so I'm not entirely sure how much of a pure RPG it is.

I also enjoyed the pokemon RPGs on Gameboy, but unfortunatelly there are none for playstation. I couldn't get as into the Final Fantasy games, because I'm not a big fan of turn based fighting.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

for ps2 ?

1. Final Fantasy X it is a must have ... must have ... around 20 dollars.... dont forget the strategy guide..

2. Saga Frontier is fun.....

3. Xenogear

for psp?

1. Elder Scrolls : Oblivion is coming out in December (hopefully there isnt any delays)

2. Final Fantasy 7 is coming out at the end of this year. There might be other FF's for psp check it out online.

3. Valhalla Knights

Source(s): i am a RPG fan.... i go back to the super nintendo days of Final Fantasy, Super Mario RPG and other rpg's ebgames.com
  • 1 decade ago

Shining Force Exa is supposed to be an alright rpg it just got released in march so there isn't really much news about it.

Xenosaga series is good

Tales of the Abyss is a pretty decent game

Dragon Quest 8 is a good rpg but its a really really long game.

• Tom B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

for the PS2, there is a series of games called Shadow Hearts. The first one was good, the second one was great, and the 3rd one just got stupid and kinda sucked. the first one is amost impossible to find, and the 2nd (shadow hearts: covenant) is rare too.

they are kinda like final fantasy, but have a darker storyline, and you have more control of the combat.

Game Informer called Shadow Hearts (the first one) the best game you've never played.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well to start off, there aren't any pokemon for the ps2, the only systems they are available for are the GBA, cube, & probably the Wii. But if you just want to play a pokemon , here is a good site: www.pokemoncrater.com....its a pretty good , but will probably bore you very quickly. and for the 's, the only i can think of is Spartan: Total Warrior. you go around, tons of romans at every stage, get points for finding secret chests, and get enemy weapons, after you kill the major boss. the graphics arent really that great, but the is for x-box, so if u dont have one, well........ but overall the is pretty sweet. so if u dont have an xbox, i would suggest getting one, or get a new 360 extreme.

• 1 decade ago

Get Final Fantasy 10

FF10 > FF10-2 IMO

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For PSP, try Dungeon Seige: Throne of Agony.

• 1 decade ago

Dark Chronicle is not bad. You may have to hunt around for it though because it's quite an old game. It's also known as Dark Cloud.

• 1 decade ago

If you liked those you should try the other Final Fantasy games too.

• 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.