Is it wrong to love one's career more than one's spouse or significant other?

It seems to me that much of society would frown upon a person putting his or her career ahead of their spouse or partner. However, I think there may be many cases where that is acceptable, or even morally correct. For example, a doctor might put her patients' needs ahead or her husband's, while a teacher... show more It seems to me that much of society would frown upon a person putting his or her career ahead of their spouse or partner. However, I think there may be many cases where that is acceptable, or even morally correct. For example, a doctor might put her patients' needs ahead or her husband's, while a teacher might put his students ahead of his fiancé. In my case, I cannot imagine putting any person ahead of architecture. Does that mean I should plan on remaining single, or is it in some cases acceptable to put the importance of one's career ahead of one's significant other?