Gonzales? Should he resign or force the president to ask him to resign?

Clinton and others say he should resign but Gonzales will not.

IMHO I see no reason why Gonzales should resign, take the bullet, for someone somewhere who was doing something he has no knowledge of. .

He sighed off on the dismissal of the Attorneys out of shear trust in whatever office this operation was conducted from.

Talk about loyalty. Too loyal .

He is a dead duck and he must know that, you cannot fire a bucket full of Attorneys based on a request from an UNKOWN entity and still remain the Attorney General of the United states if any one finds out about it and this is sworn testimony at this point.

Clinton was going on about how devoted Gonzales is to the president and that Clinton thought he should resign for the good of the president.

Is this détente or honor between thieves?

By not resigning is Gonzales helping himself or rubbing the Administrations nose in their own mess?

Favorite Answer

he should resign.

• Danny

Here is the bottom line. The president can remove these attorneys when ever and for whatever reason he wants. End of story. Gonzales did absolutely nothing wrong. NOTHING! The president also states that Gonzales still has his firm support. I hate disappoint you, but the president is the only person that can remove Gonzales from his position, so he isn't going anywhere. Congress basically created a scandal where there wasn't one and they have 3/4 of America believing in it. What pisses me off is that they waste tax payer dollars having these hearing, like they are going to do something. You know know why they haven't removed Gonzales already? They can't! The only reason they are having these hearings is to make Gonzales look bad, so when he doesn't resign it reflects badly on Bush. It's their way of getting back at him for promising to veto the war funding bills with the time tables attached to them. It's all about the power struggle between congress and Bush.

People make a point that he may not be 'effective' in his job with all these craps following him everywhere. He lost trust and lot of creditability when he basically said he doesn't know why some of these people were fired (doesn't know why some were put on the 'list'). I don't see how that's different from me telling police officer that I didn't know what the speed limit was in school zone.

Considering many in his own party (if not the majority) also have stated he needs to resign....resignation it should be!

While I did not listen to all of his testimony, I did hear about an hrs worth. From the tone of his voice to the attitude of his answers, that alone makes me believe this man needs to be removed....by force or by his own hand.

• Ibredd

Well he has not killed any children like Janet Reno and she refused to resign while serving under Clinton.

I think that democrats need to stop trying to seek their revenge on republicans and actually do something in congress. There are so many issues that need to be taken care of and they are doing nothing but placing blame games and trying to kick every republican out of office when they themselves aren't doing any better.

They should be true patriots to the country and they should ALL RESIGN.

Couldn't we just lynch him? :)

No, I suppose not. He shoud resign.