Tell me about Seattle and Washington state...?

Seattle and Washington state look really interesting to me. I'm considering a move to Seattle to attend law school. I live near Austin, Texas now (my native state,) but have lived in Kentucky, Georgia and Tennessee, also. Needless to say, I might be in for a culture shock, but that's okay--expands the... show more Seattle and Washington state look really interesting to me. I'm considering a move to Seattle to attend law school. I live near Austin, Texas now (my native state,) but have lived in Kentucky, Georgia and Tennessee, also. Needless to say, I might be in for a culture shock, but that's okay--expands the horizons!

Some questions:
-I know Seattle is not the rainiest city; but, how warm does it usually get in the spring and summer?
-I'm not a right-wing nut job from heck, but still a proud conservative; will Seattle be a friendly, open place to people like me? I've gotten mixed reactions about the "friendly" factor in Seattle.
-I'm age 32, single, just broke up with fiance, love live music, and into jogging every morning. What makes Seattle, Seattle? (Not Pike Place or the Space Needle, but the local hangouts and establishments.)

Thanks in advance for the help!
Update: *just broke up w/ female fiance. I'm straight (lol).
Update 2: Uh...WOW!!! This is the most help I've ever received from any locals, anywhere, before moving to any place. Many Seattleites seem to have a distinct and strong sense of pride of their city and state. Keep the comments coming in. Thanks!
Update 3: The aforementioned comment also has to do with the fact that I posted this same question in Polls & Surveys forum. So, between this and P&S, I've received a lot of great feedback.