Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

special k?

can anyone tell me about the special k diet? does it work? and when and what stuff should i eat? thanks for your answers, i need a great body for swim season!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kellogg's claims that a diet including Special K cereal can help people lose weight; it bases this claim on independent research.[citation needed]. In March 2007, an investigation by The Food Commission was unable to find any published peer-reviewed article about this research and Kellogs refused to provide details of the research data.

Kellogg's also manufactures a variety of meal and nutrition bars, designed for people who don't have enough time to have a full meal (particularly lunch) under the Special K brand. These bars come in a variety of flavors including vanilla, double chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, and strawberry.

What is Special K?

Special K is a lightly toasted breakfast cereal manufactured by the Kellogg Company. It is made with rice and wheat for the European market, but for the North American market it is made without wheat. Special K advertising is heavily marketed towards women, perhaps because in the 1970s it established a reputation as one of the first diet cereals. This has led to allegations that Special K was in fact the world's first so-called 'sexist cereal', something which Kellogg's have themselves strongly denied. Other cereals to be accused of sexism include Finesse and All-Bran.

The Kellogg Company introduced this cereal in 1957, and it now comes in several varieties. Special K cereal formerly was shaped as small pellet-like morsels. In the early 1980s, this was changed to the more familiar "flake" that is sold today. In some countries, new products based on Special K are Special K Snack Bites, and The Special K bar.

A better way saying this is Special K works since it's made out of wheat, and helps you stay focus and strong and have a nice diet.

Source(s): If this information helped you, please put me as best answer.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All diets work in the same way. If they restrict calories to a point where you are burning more than you eat, you will lose weight. If the diet does this than it will work, if not you will fail. Whether or not a diet is healthy is separate from whether or not it will work. If you severely restrict calories to under 1200 per day, you will lose weight but going this route is very unhealthy so be careful when reading about these diets. Also beware of diets that limit you to one food. Even if you are taking in a good amount of calories, you won't be able to get all the vitamins, nutrients, fat, carbohydrates or protein from just one type of food.

Guide to Dieting - http://straighthealth.com/pages/guides/dieting.htm...

The 9 Week Straight Diet - http://straightdiet.com

Health, Exercise and Diets - http://straighthealth.com

• 1 decade ago

I did the Special K diet myself and lost about 7 pounds this is how it works: You have a serving of cereal in the morning with fat free milk and have a piece of fruit with it, then for lunch you could have a Special K protein bar or another serving of cereal with faf free milk for lunch, for dinner you have your regular meal. It is suggested to eat fruits and vegetables as needed while doing this diet. Also they are protein waters from Special K that you can drink and they have a great line of products to choose from.

Source(s): Look on the back of the Special K box everything is listed there or go into Yahoo.com and type Special K in the search box
  • 1 decade ago

yes but no the special k duos work as the food part of a diet but not as exercising special k works because it is low fat and keep u full longer but u need to have different food like fruit,vegetables, meat, and other healthy foods,

go also need 2 exercise to burn off the calories you are eating

go to http://fitnessmagazine.com/ it shows you exercises/food 2 eat hope u like it Jamie

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • lynno
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

it is a fab way to get rid of unwanted fat,take special k for breakfast and for lunch then eat a good healthy meal for teaime,also fruit and reduce as much fat from your diet as possible and it will work.

• 1 decade ago

The breakfast bars are yummy, only have 90 calories, and taste like Rice Krispy Treats!!!

• jkl;
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

this says it all:

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2006/03/09/speci...

but i would get tired of eating the cereal after a while

• 1 decade ago

Any cereal with no sugar and lots of whole grain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.