Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

I have a windows computer and I'm fed up of the boring blue taskbars... How can I change the colour of them?

I've seen people do it at school so you must be able to.. And also, how to change it back again in case I don't like it?

Any other tips for jazzing up the display of my computer?

Thanks,

Lorna

Favorite Answer

What you do is right click > Properties > Apperance and under Color Scheme they have 3 colors blue,olive, silver. esh. too me that sounds like boring colors. What you can do then is stick with the blue BUT if you hit in advanced they have other options like changing the font the color of the active border and the non active border and also the size and color of your scrollbar! now isnt that something =P

If you dont like it you can always go back to right click > Properties > Apperance and choose blue, silver, olive all over again.

Very simple! glad too help!

By the way, what scheme or color were you looking for? I made mine sea foam green and perry winkle blue .. haha. i know very odd colors but they work great together!

Alright. as I said glad too help!

.

Ok, you put the cursor in a blank part of your

desktop and click right(I changed mine to left).

You should see the dropdown menu.///// Click

on Properties. You will see a small window,

with a picture inside. At the top, click on

Appearance. //// In the window that opens,

the color scheme is on the left hand side.

click on the arrow and you can preview the

other color schemes. //// When you see a scheme

you want to change to, click Apply, then OK.

Go into your Control Panel and go into Desktop Themes and you canc hange it there. That's assuming you have Windows XP.

If you're using WIndows Vista, right-click on your Desktop, go to Personalize at the bottom and then go into Window Color and Appearance.

You'll find tons of options in either location. Hope this helps.

windows 98? Double click my computer on desktop,then double click control panel,then display.From there you can change the appearance of your pc. Wallpapers,screensavers,etc. Have windows xp? Click start,control panel, display.Be sure you click apply so that it will lock in your settings. You can go back anytime to change it.

right click on an empty space of the desktop,,scroll down and click on properties,,,on the top tab click on appearance,,at the bottom you Willl see Color Scheme",,this is where you Change the color,,,go back to the top and click on "Desktop"here you wil find more settings

• spurr

I merely had that happen, Googled the reason and located your question. This on no account occurred to me in the previous, even with the undeniable fact that it replaced into merely as my clocked replaced to 1a.m. i observed my start up bar replaced shade and now at one million:03, mutually as i replaced into typing this, it replaced back. maximum unearthly factor! i visit run my virus checker back.

Control panel - display - appearance.

Try Windowblinds from Stardock, it skins your whole GUI giving it a fresh new look.

Source(s): www.stardock.com

change the computers theme you can download stylesxp to do that http://www.tgtsoft.com/ or windowsblind but you need to buy it http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/