What has happened to songbird Anita Baker?

Favorite Answer

Anita released an album called My Everything in 2005. Although I bought the album and enjoyed it, it wasn't considered a hit. Anita is still singing and performing, although not at the level she once performed. Personally, I think Anita never recovered from a bad career move. She was supposed to sing on the soundtrack for the film Boomerang. Anita turned the gig down, thus making Toni Braxton (who replaced her on the album) an overnight sensation. Anita's career was sidelined after that and she has had various lawsuits over the years with regards to career issues. In an interview a few years ago Anita said she was busy raising her two children and trying to save her marriage, which had gone through hard times.

She sounds like a cat in warmth while she tries to hit the intense notes....i've got had many a chum question me 'what's that noise?' it is Anita Baker....there is just one thing approximately her vocal variety that's definitely undesirable.

Still around. Her last mainstream album was in 2004. It takes time to record a great album and she has children to raise.

• Garnet

I looked her up on Yahoo and apparently she is still giving concerts. Check it out

there are some nice pictures, schedules, where you can get tickets, etc. I had

never heard of her before. She is a pretty lady.

Source(s): Yahoo