Is it safe to take Estrogen after having had a complete hysterectomy for endometrial cancer?

I'm 44 and am at a higher risk for osteoporosis without any estrogen. However, endometrial cancer is estrogen dependent, so my thought is it wouldn't be wise to take it for risk of recurrence elsewhere. I can deal with the other menopausal symptoms, but am concerned about bone loss since I would typically... show more I'm 44 and am at a higher risk for osteoporosis without any estrogen. However, endometrial cancer is estrogen dependent, so my thought is it wouldn't be wise to take it for risk of recurrence elsewhere. I can deal with the other menopausal symptoms, but am concerned about bone loss since I would typically have had several more years of estrogen before hitting menopause. Any alternatives or thoughts?
1 answer 1