Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

Am i fooling myself still having hope?

A few years ago i fell hard in love with my ex's best friend. They have been friends over 10 years. We never were together because my ex would never have 'allowed' it. Despite that, we had a very intimate friendship. He was extreemly shy and had deep problems partialy due to the death of his mother as a teenager that destroyed him, it took years for him to open up and after the most honest & real conversation, about how we felt about one another that lasted hours, the next day my sis let slip to my ex's brother who told my ex who called & said if he ever spoke to me again they were no longer friends. Later on he took back all the things he said about his feelings for me & things fell apart, a long time after all that happened he wouldnt reply if i contacted but i have msgd him a few times over the past months & he has replied. I asked him if i could see him before he went away and he said yes straight away. I am still deeply in love, i cant stop hoping that something could still happ

Favorite Answer

If he hasn't contacted you...isn't it obvious? He was at a low point and you helped him out. Move on, he has.

you can't really do anything can you? i would say, just go on with your life. move on. but if you want to wait, then wait but don't risk chances over this if you meet a better guy. let time do its work. now he might be very confuse about everything you know, give him time to think about what he wants. but never neglect your feelings either, after all it is your life. don't let one person ruin your life. it is not worth it. move on if you have to.

Anything is possible.