scion Tc TRD turbo?

i'm looking at getting the TRD turbo for my scion Tc and i wanted to know if anyone knew the price of it because it is not listed on the TRD website. also that a turbo has to be changed out every 5000 miles, is that true and does a low boost effect that?

Best Answer

First of all its the TRD Supercharger, not 'turbo', and no, with proper maintenance, the supercharger should last the life of the car. The price is around 3 grand, but you can find cheaper prices online.

Its a supercharger. It will cost about $3800-4000 after the install + taxes. Mine also included a car wash and a rental car for 2 days. Dealers do list the costs on their website. You will also still get the rest of your regular warranty. Make sure you find a dealer that has done the install before and get it done there. I thought it was worth the money.

TRD only makes the Supercharger, it's like $3k + install. If you want to go turbo, I suggest looking into ZPI Racing kit, or the Dezod turbo kit. Turbonetics also makes a good kit.

Source(s): www.ScionLife.com

hey buddy I'm the scion manager at a store its like 3k to get at the store plus to install it but its wroth it. because at the end of the day if the mess anything up out side the store the warranty will not cover you but when you do it at a dealer it will cover you you get me. let me know if you have any questions.

the MSRP is $3200, plus installation...I would definately recommend dealer install...I was told that by doing this, it will fall under warranty for your powertrain, 5years/60,000 miles...if you have it installed elsewhere, you have a 12month/12,000 mile warranty...definately do not have to change out the supercharger every 5000 miles...