Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

what does the song by switchfoot "i dare you to move" means?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First, this is a Christian song, so you might want to look at it from a Christian's perspecitve. He is saying that he dares you to move out of your comfort zone and into God's presence. To allow God to take over in your life and put your faith, hope and trust in Him. It's a hard thing to do, so he is saying to all of the people who are like "I've got everything under control" to give it all up and give their life over to Christ. Cast your cares on Him.

• Josh D
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't know what that song means. If you do have a myspace.com page you can leave a comment or leave a message at www.myspace.com/switchfoot and see if you get a answer back to what that song means. You can also go to www.switchfoot.com to find a e-mail address to e-mail the band about what that song means.

• 1 decade ago

The thing with songs is what does it mean to you? For this song most people will see it as a challange to change your life, but you really need to decide that for your self.

(Look at my source to see the lyrics...)

• 1 decade ago

i agree with the above, its a dare to make a change in your life.....not just get up and do something, but stop feeling sorry for youself, or wallowing in pity and self-hate, but make each day worth something and stop doing destructive behaviours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.