Dog Adoption Morality Question - Racism?

Recently was working for a "not for profit" dog adoption agencies. After a while i saw that they almost never allowed black and latino families to adopt their dogs. While some ethnic families seemed to be better suited to adopt a dog than the white families that got them... I've heard similar... show more Recently was working for a "not for profit" dog adoption agencies. After a while i saw that they almost never allowed black and latino families to adopt their dogs. While some ethnic families seemed to be better suited to adopt a dog than the white families that got them...
I've heard similar stories from my friends working for other dog agencies. Should "not for profit" agencies be allowed to be racist? It seems many people that work for these agencies do so because they want some power over the lives of other people, what do you think???