Is the hollywood walk of fame getting rediculous or what?

I read that Eric Estrada got a star yesterday, who's next...Chewbacca? (actually i'd be ok with that)

• L♥G
    Favorite Answer

The way the walk of fame works is by fans. Fan club or groups collaborate and collect money to raise to get their favorite celebs a star. It has nothing to do with talent or anything. It does seem that just about anyone can get a star if you just had the right amount of cash.

Who's he??

I went to a basketball game at the Staples Center recently. We sat in the 10th row up, so we had to get there early, but before we went to shop in Hollywood. The last time I was down there was to see a movie at the El Cap... well ALONG time ago.

It's getting ridiculous down there, with creepy people in cheap puppets, crazy street performers, and tourists practically kissing the ground. And all we wanted to do was get to AE, which was right down the block!! I hid behind my dad... haaha.

Also, they had a red carpet and "VIP Check In" for a opening of a smoothie place. So I bought a SMALL cookies and cream shake, for $6!! It wasn't even very good. We went upstairs, on the way to Louis Vuitton, Le Sportsac, Coach, etc, and there was a guy filming the whole shebang, talking on his phone and saying "Make sure Beyonce wears the ORANGE dress." And we're like, "Why is some network guy filming a SMOOTHIE OPENING? No celebs around, but a garage band type performing, and it was weird.

In the past, the Walk of Fame was a bit elitist...now it lets everyone in. Let everyone have there moment.

Many of us have a fondness for Mr. Estrada. I was a tiny girl when CHIPS was on, but he shone like the star he is.

Yes it is. The celebrity apply for it (when they have a new movie coming out) and pay abotu $5000 to get it. So it's all about money for the people that run it and publicity for the stars that get it.

I am amazed that LA still has streets without stars on them. One will think all the streets are filled up by now.

• Azalea

I hope there wont be any reality show people ever there. But yeah, why Eric Estrada? All he did is Chips

yes it is getting ridiculous.