Deaf And Blind Cat Any Advice From Cat Owners?

I recently inherited a cat (the owner commited suicide by propaine - turned on stove in his house). The cat was in the house and has propaine poisoning and is now deaf and blind because of it. The cat doesnt really know me or my house and he is very distant right now (understandably).Any suggestions?
Update: I recently inherited a cat (the owner commited suicide by propaine - turned on stove in his house). The cat was in the house and has propaine poisoning and is now deaf and blind because of it. The cat doesnt really know me or my house and he is very distant right now (understandably).Any suggestions? I would... show more I recently inherited a cat (the owner commited suicide by propaine - turned on stove in his house). The cat was in the house and has propaine poisoning and is now deaf and blind because of it. The cat doesnt really know me or my house and he is very distant right now (understandably).Any suggestions?

I would rather not put the cat down (and I liked my neighbour, but obviously he wasnt thinking clearly), and I'm thinking that the cats other senses will grow with time.