Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

john 1:43-51?

In John 1:43-51 what revelation did Jesus make?

Update:

You know this was a serious question not a frickin joke.... If you can't answer the question don't even bother.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1:47 Verse 47 shows that Jesus knew all things. Without any previous acquaintance with Nathanael, He declared him to be an Israelite indeed, in whom there was no trickery or deceit. Jacob had gained a reputation for using business methods that were not entirely honest, but Nathanael was an “Israel”-ite in whom there was no “Jacob.”

1:48 Nathanael was obviously surprised that a total Stranger should speak to him as if He had known him previously. Apparently he had been completely concealed when he was sitting under the fig tree. Doubtless the overhanging branches of the trees and the surrounding foliage hid him from view. But Jesus saw him, even though he was so hidden.

1:49 Perhaps it was the power of the Lord Jesus to see him when he was shut off from human view that convinced Nathanael, or this knowledge was perhaps given to him in a supernatural way. In any event, he now knew that Jesus was the Son of God and the King of Israel.

1:50 The Lord had given Nathanael two proofs that He was the Messiah. He had described his character, and He had seen Nathanael when no other eyes could have seen him. These two proofs were sufficient for Nathanael, and he believed. But now the Lord Jesus promised that he would see greater proofs than these.

1:51 Whenever Jesus introduced a saying with the words Most assuredly (literally “Amen, amen” ), He was always about to say something very important. Here He gave Nathanael a picture of the time in the future when He would come back to reign over all the earth. The world will then know that the carpenter's Son who lived in despised Nazareth was truly the Son of God and Israel's King. In that day, heaven will open. The favor of God will rest upon the King as He reigns, with Jerusalem as His capital.

It is likely that Nathanael had been meditating on the story of Jacob's ladder (Gen_28:12). That ladder, with its ascending and descending angels, is a picture of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, the only access to heaven. The angels of God will ascend and descend upon the Son of Man. Angels are servants of God, traveling like flames of fire on His errands. When Jesus reigns as King, these angels will travel back and forth between heaven and earth, fulfilling His will.

Jesus was saying to Nathanael that he had seen only very minor demonstrations of His Messiahship. In the future Reign of Christ, he would see the Lord Jesus fully revealed as God's anointed Son. Then all mankind would know that Someone good did come out of Nazareth.

• 1 decade ago

John 1:43-51 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Jesus Calls Philip and Nathanael

43The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, "Follow me."

44Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. 45Philip found Nathanael and told him, "We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph."

46"Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" Nathanael asked.

"Come and see," said Philip.

47When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, "Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false."

48"How do you know me?" Nathanael asked.

Jesus answered, "I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you."

49Then Nathanael declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel."

50Jesus said, "You believe[a] because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You shall see greater things than that." 51He then added, "I tell you[b] the truth, you[c] shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

The Revelation made? That He was Jesus the Christ. God, the Son who came as our Saviour.

• Revelation: Lit., “uncovering; disclosure.” Gr., A·po·ka′ly·psis; Lat., A·po·ca·ly′psis.

"Most truly I say to YOU men, YOU will see heaven opened up and the angels of God ascending and descending to [Or, “in the service of.”] the Son of man.” -John 1:51

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He told Nathanael, that he would see the Heavens opened, and the Angels ascending and descending on the Son of Man.

He was basically telling Nathanael that He was the Son of God. He also told Nathanael that he would see greater things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

that is sturdy to verify that further and further human beings (a minimum of fifty one%) are understanding our delima. that's frightening how maximum of people don't understand what's occurring in our u . s . fantastically whilst it comprises the unfastened commerce settlement. With our information medias now controlled by potential of company u . s . a . and not by potential of newshounds, it has grow to be a properly standard incontrovertible fact that voters all international extensive are greater counseled approximately international economics than human beings. possibly that is because of the fact they (international voters) are people who're maximum plagued by potential of judgements made by potential of those of whom will benefit the main.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It seems ( and granted I don't have a theology degree) that Jesus is revealing himself as Messiah here, and that he is making a reference to his assent into heaven.

• 1 decade ago

he is the King of Israel,the Son of God, The one who was to come and mentioned in the Old TEstament.

• 1 decade ago

Nice... Christians are awesome!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Christ says, "Follow me." Phillip immediately obeys. He recogizes that Christ is divine.

• 1 decade ago

lmfao @ loki!!!! my answer...."what he said" (<pointing to loki>) lololol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.