Great BBQ in San Diego?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • MaryE
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Phil's BBQ is the best! The onion rings are sooo yummy, too! They used to be located in the Mission Hills/Hillcrest area but have recently moved to Point Loma.

• 1 decade ago

The BBQ Pitt in National City off of Plaza Blvd.

• 1 decade ago

Like 2 others here, Phils BBQ is the best. There is one location in Mission Hills, and a new one right by the Sports Arena. It rocks!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't know if it's the best BBQ in town, but I suggest the Kansas City Barbeque on West Market. It's the bar where Top Gun was filmed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tylers taste of Texas in El Cajon. Not sure if there is any other one else where.. or I think it's called Texas BBQ off of Mira Mesa blvd. going tward La Jolla behind a donut place

• 1 decade ago

I'm with MaryE - Phil's is THE BEST- Hands Down! You can't hardly get a seat in the place, it's always packed! The food is great and the prices are reasonable!

I think they opened a second location - not moved. I may be wrong though.

• 1 decade ago

Ate at this place the other day and it was great! You gotta try the fried pickles. They are the greatest. I'm from AZ so I don't know too much about BBQ, but my roommate is from Tennessee and she loved it. Enjoy!

http://www.joeyssmokinbbq.com/

• 1 decade ago

BBQ pitt, in elcajon. i think its really called the wrangler family bbq. its pretty good, cheap good size servings.

• 1 decade ago

LOL...there's bar'b'q in San Diego? Thought it was all sushi and vegetables there? It seemed so when I was there.....I had the hardest time just trying to find a steak place.

Love the city though.

• 1 decade ago

Love's Barbecue in Chula Vista. Don't forget to take a bottle of their barbecue sauce!

Source(s): www.lovesbbq.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.