Great BBQ in San Diego?

• MaryE
    Favorite Answer

Phil's BBQ is the best! The onion rings are sooo yummy, too! They used to be located in the Mission Hills/Hillcrest area but have recently moved to Point Loma.

The BBQ Pitt in National City off of Plaza Blvd.

Like 2 others here, Phils BBQ is the best. There is one location in Mission Hills, and a new one right by the Sports Arena. It rocks!

Don't know if it's the best BBQ in town, but I suggest the Kansas City Barbeque on West Market. It's the bar where Top Gun was filmed.

Tylers taste of Texas in El Cajon. Not sure if there is any other one else where.. or I think it's called Texas BBQ off of Mira Mesa blvd. going tward La Jolla behind a donut place

I'm with MaryE - Phil's is THE BEST- Hands Down! You can't hardly get a seat in the place, it's always packed! The food is great and the prices are reasonable!

I think they opened a second location - not moved. I may be wrong though.

Ate at this place the other day and it was great! You gotta try the fried pickles. They are the greatest. I'm from AZ so I don't know too much about BBQ, but my roommate is from Tennessee and she loved it. Enjoy!

http://www.joeyssmokinbbq.com/

BBQ pitt, in elcajon. i think its really called the wrangler family bbq. its pretty good, cheap good size servings.

LOL...there's bar'b'q in San Diego? Thought it was all sushi and vegetables there? It seemed so when I was there.....I had the hardest time just trying to find a steak place.

Love the city though.

Love's Barbecue in Chula Vista. Don't forget to take a bottle of their barbecue sauce!

Source(s): www.lovesbbq.com