Yakuza
Lv 7
Yakuza asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Is Attorney General Alberto Gonzales in trouble?

The embattled head of the Justice Department testified on Capitol Hill today, and some White House insiders are saying he went

down in flames.

Will President Bush stand by his man?

Do you think because of recent problems that he should be fired or should he be allowed to stay on the job?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

C'mon, you think when the Rebublican minority leader opens saying that the hearing is essentially a 'whether to reconfirm' hearing to see if he can redeem himself that there may be trouble in the wind?

Bush will stand by him, as he did by Rumsfield. Until AFTER the election lost Republican majorities in both house and senate.

However, Gonzales seems to have no friends at all on Capital Hill, on either side of the aisle.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

he isn't yet -- it relies upon on whether he "corrects" his testimony of the previous couple of days, or we could its stand. He has flat out lied decrease than oath -- as numerous Congressional witnesses and publicly released federal documentation can teach. even although, consumer-friendly prepare at Congressional hearings is that a witness can evaluate and 'appropriate' (meaning 'replace after the certainty') testimony in writing earlier it is going to become area of the checklist. If he corrects his testimony to conform with the obtrusive actuality of the info, then he's in basic terms lost any appreciate of everyone in Congress. If he would not he may be removed from place of work and punished for violation of federal regulations (18 USC 1001, 2 USC 192)

• 1 decade ago

Bush has a habit of sticking with his people regardless. I wouldn't write Gonzales off yet

• 1 decade ago

One thing Bush is, he's loyal.

I listened and he did go down in flames. He fired Attorneys for far less than his incompetence.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • jean
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Fredo (bushes nickname for al) made his bones expunging the boy king (my nickname for bush) dui off his Texas drivers license, but he must remember the number one rule for the subjects of Bush World (Maureen dowd's term) you must always fall on your sword to protect the boy king. The boy king will case out Fredo, remember rule number one

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he should be fired. bush puts people in office who turn out bad. bush will make an excuse for his self and most likely the man will hang alone. when are they going to realize they can't put some one like Gonzales in high office and expect him to be fair with all America, if he's American he should act like it.

• 1 decade ago

He should be immediately fired and so should Bush !! Bush has a perfect track record of making the wrong decision every time. I expect he will keep his record in tact on this issue also,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think he should become another scape goat. But, they will never get Rove.

• 1 decade ago

never liked him. he almost appears amused by all this attention.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.