Shawnee asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Anyone know a sure fire way to get motivated?

I am kind of a lazy person. I procrastinate and put alot of things off. Not important things, but I am a stay at home mom and do not HAVE to do my hair, or do the laundry on a schedule. I have noticed that more and more it is getting hard to get motivated in the morning to get things done. I leave breakfast dishes until after lunch and things like that. This is not some crisis situation, but I would love to find a surefire way to help myself be more motivated to get on top of these tasks before I start letting them pile up.

Favorite Answer

I'm in much the same situation...so I understand completely. And I have found myself falling into that trap from time to time. The thing that gets me back on track is utilizing the tools I used when I was working....time management and list making.

I have put myself on a schedule, and give timelines/deadlines for all tasks. Every evening, I make a list of all the things I need/want to do the following day, and check them off as I go. And then I give myself time to enjoy the nothingness at the end of the day. I feel a sense of accomplishment - however little I have accomplished in comparison to other phases of my life.

Good luck with it....and make sure you take time to be grateful for the opportunity to not have to get out there and slug it out in the 9-5 grind!

• Lola

Give yourself an inspiration. It could be a goal that will help you motivate yourself to get things done. I used to be a stay at home mom but I just play those oldies songs while doing my chores and before I knew it, voila! everything's done. take care of yourself too. take time to pay attention to your looks. improve yourself by feeling good about what you're doing which is for your family. give yourself a break on weekends or in the middle of the week so life will not be too boring for you. take care.

Might try doing some physical workouts. This could boost your will to get other things done during the day as well.

Just do it!!! If you sit around waiting to be motivated, you will continue to do nothing. Just do it. Don't wait to feel like it, make the choice and get moving.

A spotlessly clean house is a sign of a sick mind....relax.Unless you take a tunnel from one room to the next,your ok

no longer staying inspired is yet otherwise of putting forward that the ingredients you pick to devour make you want to devour extra. those are classic symptoms of insulin resistance from persistent extra carb intake. First step is to seem into proscribing carbs. desire that facilitates.

You want to be motivated to do mundane tasks? Good luck with that! heheh