Raiden asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Eddie Murphy,Richard Pryor,George Carlin and Andrew dice clay ?

who is the best stand up comdian of the list. i have always thought eddie was much funnier than richard pryor but they both were good. so whos your pick and why?

Favorite Answer

They all have great qualities....

Eddie was a fan and friend of Richard - he even talks about Richard in his stand-up tapes (Delerious and Raw).

Carlin in crazy...but he is still doing comedy. I remember sneaking in the basement with my cousin to listen to Carlin...

Andrew Dice Clay and his dirty nusery rhymes can be offensive to some, but if you don't like it...turn it off. his stories are hilarious. Clay is another that we use to sneak to listen to!!

All 4 not only made it in comedy, but also were in films.

There is no way to really choose...they have their own styles. The only thing that is similar about all 4 is: they were explicit and sex was a big topic in their acts.

If I had to choose: I couldn't live without my Eddie Murphy!

Pryor. He did it first. Everyone else is just a wannabe.

At first I thought you were going to tell a joke. Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, and Andrew Dice Clay go into a bar........

George Carlin

George Carlin

Eddie is a very funny comedian but he would not have this status if it were not for Pryor and Carlin who to me are the funniest. Eddie very much influenced by Pryor for sure as he has always admired him. Not sure about the influence of Carlin to Murphy but he certainly is very funny. I have seen him live twice and he is just a laugh riot.

Richard Pryor.

I like political humor so I would have to go with George Carlin, but Eddie Murphy Raw is a classic stand up.

Carlin - genius mind

Pryor- greatest story teller ever, took great risks, innovator

Murphy- great, took some risks, but got his whole act from Pryor Clay- funny for 2 minutes back in 88

Richard Pryor. But Steve Martin back in his day was the funniest to me.

He had a meltdown on national television and ruined his image. He's still around though, he has a television show on VH1 right now, and I just saw him at the South Beach Comedy Festival. He doesn't do much new material, and he's still rude and crude and entertaining, if you like him. But, he's also kind of sappy and emotional and slowly ruining his career further by being that way. (Hard to be a bad *** when you're crying on TV about relationship issues and all that)