bmiles27 asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 decade ago

nikko national park japan?

Has anyone heard of nasu Kogen Sports Land in Tochigi, Japan?

Favorite Answer

I heard of nikko national park. The mountains west of Nikko city are part of Nikkō National Park and contain some of the country's most spectacular waterfalls and scenic trails. This place is a popular destination for Japanese and international tourists. Well, I don't know what is nasu Kogen Sports Land but I do know the Kegon Falls. Kegon Falls are located at Lake Chuzenji in Nikkō National Park. The falls were formed when the Daiya River was rerouted by lava flows. About twelve smaller waterfalls are situated behind and to the sides of Kegon Falls, leaking through the many cracks between the mountain and the lava flows. At 97 metres high, it is one of Japan's three highest waterfalls.

I wasn't able to find an on-line map that has all 3 places. Nikko is north (and a little) west of Tokyo; Mr. Fuji is west/southwest; Kyoto is about 3 times as far WSW as Mt. Fuji. Probably the best place to look would be in a good atlas at the library. You could also try: >National Geographic [1] >Rand McNally [2] >University of Texas [3] (but I was disappointed looking for your 3) ... Happy Hunting!

I'm wondering if this place is what you are looing for. It has tennis courts, putter golf, ground golf, rental bicycles, and table tennis. The region has UNESCO world heritage sites.

http://epinard-japan.com/facilities/sports/sports....

Nikko I love it...hot springs and also the Masoleum of Tokugawa Ieyasu the founder of the last shogunate. The 3 monkeys are there too: See no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. Also a lot of the pictures of monkey's taking a bath are from the Nikko area.

• tisya

ive been to nikko but never heard of nasu kogen sports,,,sorry

You should go there! ( *v* )