Internal revenue services?

I had my taxes done for free by aaarp electronically on Mon 16. They call my work number and left a message telling me it was rejected because my 15 year old daughter who also had her taxes done by them had claimed herself as a dependent. She works 1 1/2 hours a day from a work study at the high school. I asked if... show more I had my taxes done for free by aaarp electronically on Mon 16. They call my work number and left a message telling me it was rejected because my 15 year old daughter who also had her taxes done by them had claimed herself as a dependent. She works 1 1/2 hours a day from a work study at the high school. I asked if I was allowed to claim her and was told yes. These people put in all the information in the computer and told us what our refunds would be. I owed state 104.00 and send the payment off that day. These people called on the 17 at work but I was not there that day but they also had my cell phone which they did not call, so I get the message on the 18. My return was rejected because the person who did my daughter taxes filled in my daughter claiming herself as a dependent who is 15. I tried to contact these people but is not getting any help. The message said I need to mail a copy of my filings out but the due date has passed. Will I be held responsible for penalties & interest?
6 answers 6