Home insurance?

I am buying a home. How do I find a home insurance company? Will my mortgage company help me with that?

Best Answer

Who is your car insurance with? Most reputible insurance agencies handle all kinds of insurance: property, casualty, auto, life, etc. Try Allstate, Statefarm, Farm Bureau, Cotton State. You could also look at your local insurance companies in your phone book ... get some quotes, and go with the one that is the cheapest.

• nobody

You can take the advice of your mortgage company. But, I wouldn't end there. Talk to friends and family to see which company they have insurance with. You will want to get an "all risk" policy with "replacement cost" coverage on the building and your contents. If the home is newer, the company may even offer guaranteed replacement cost, regardless of the limit. Flood insurance is always excluded. It can be purchased through the federal government if you think you live a flood prone area. Choose some decent liability limits like $250,000 or more.

Shop around for your own company, do not let your lender handle that. A lot of times they have relationships whith companies that htey get kickbacks for, and you have no control over the policy they choose for you. The more expensive the policy, the bigger the cut the lender gets. In most cases the policy only has to cover the "cost to replace new" as opposed to the full mortgage amount, and that information is in your appraisal on the subject property. State Farm, as well as many other companies will quote you with the information in the appraisal. Met Life is now a homeowner insurance company as well. Good Luck!!

Get insurance quotes

Source(s): Try HTTP://INSURERATESME.INFO/comparefreequotes5Q72k1rG508Q3

Try this:

http://www.best-ranks.com/homeowners_insurance.htm

It is an informational site about Home Insurance.

I am positive you'll find an useful information for you.

Good luck

Get and compare quotes from different companies at - INSURERATESME.INFO-

RE Home insurance?