how long do system restores take?

i just did a system restore on my other laptop and its taking forever. its been about 4 hours now since i started it. and i have chosen a restore point that was about 7 days ago. i have a dell xps m1210 with windows vista. how long will it take for that to restore?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

maybe you have really low memory or something. System restores for me take about 10 mins to do

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Unless you made a very considerable amount of changes to your system, or your processor and memory size is very low, there is no good reason that your system restore should take that long. Its likely that you've restored to a point that is incompatible with hardware or driver changes that the restore point does not account for. In my experience, such a situation has led to the need to reformat, but I'd hold out until you're certain its just stuck.

• 1 decade ago

Depending on the amount of information being reversed the restore can take anywhere from 3-20 Minutes. If you are running Vista enterprise it will generally be a bit faster. but if it should take no longer than 10 minutes..

• 1 decade ago

I don't have Vista but usually a system restore takes me about 4 minutes to complete.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You have a problem a system rstore shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes max.

• 1 decade ago

yeah like the other people syaed it only takes a couple of minutes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.