how long do system restores take?

i just did a system restore on my other laptop and its taking forever. its been about 4 hours now since i started it. and i have chosen a restore point that was about 7 days ago. i have a dell xps m1210 with windows vista. how long will it take for that to restore?

Favorite Answer

maybe you have really low memory or something. System restores for me take about 10 mins to do

Unless you made a very considerable amount of changes to your system, or your processor and memory size is very low, there is no good reason that your system restore should take that long. Its likely that you've restored to a point that is incompatible with hardware or driver changes that the restore point does not account for. In my experience, such a situation has led to the need to reformat, but I'd hold out until you're certain its just stuck.

Depending on the amount of information being reversed the restore can take anywhere from 3-20 Minutes. If you are running Vista enterprise it will generally be a bit faster. but if it should take no longer than 10 minutes..

I don't have Vista but usually a system restore takes me about 4 minutes to complete.

You have a problem a system rstore shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes max.

yeah like the other people syaed it only takes a couple of minutes.