RP - BJ Ryan (DL)

RP - Al Reyes

10 team, HTH

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

so.....

c- Kenji Johjima is one of the better fantasy catchers in the game, hits for a solid average and average power in a ok lineup....look for him in his second season to get ya about 15-20/76/.290 on the year for a catcher.....

1b- Prince Fielder needs to shape up because he is heading down the same path as his father, eating way too much. If he can stay in shape he can be a really feared hitter but so far hasnt done a hell of a lot for any fantasy team unless you count whiffs. He has plenty of potential to do really well. Look for him to give you 28/100/.270 on the year but only if he can remain helathy and in shape......

2b- Howie Kendrick is a good young hitter with added value due to his eligibilty at 1b as well as 2b, he hits for average, decent power, and speed as well, in a few yeras he will be a star!!!....but for now 15-20/90/.300 and steal close to 20 is more realistic...but i wouldnt be surprised if his numbers were better....

3b- David Wright....if last year was his sophmore slump then watch out everyone he will kill the ball this year with the likes of beltran, reyes, delgado, lo duca, and alou in that lineup for protetion...he is a stud because he hits, runs, and fields well(doenst really matter in fantasy baseball though lol).....look for him to give you 30/110/.310 and steal 15 or so on the year in new york....

ss- Bill Hall has great value due to eligibiltty at 3b,ss, and of whihc really helps with trade value if you wanted to trade him...but i would advise not too considering his 30+ homers last year i would think he would repeat agian this year....started off slow so far but hit a grand slam yesterday and now that weeks and fielder are coming around and a hot hitting estrada, hall should see more pitches to hit there in hitting homers and driving in runs i say he gaves you about 30/100/.270 ....the .270 is because he is a rip it or miss player..he strikes out a fair amount of times....

of- Ichiro Suzuki is in a contract year....can you say batting champ?!?!?? lol...very possible hitting for a new contract and playing center adds to his value...look for him to go 10/60/.335 and with his speed get ya 45 steals as well on the year in seattle...

of- Carl Crawford....has the purest speed in the game not named reyes and he hits for power and average, has been getting more homers gradually every year...i wouldnt be surprised if he got to 20 homers this year....look for him to get ya 15-20/85-95/.310 on the yera and steal close to 60 for the year....

of- Andruw Jones....also contract year whihc equals a big year for jones...i would not be surprised if he topped 51 of 2 years ago in his contract year....not much for average but his power more than makes up for it....especially with chip and mcann in the lineup for protection look for him to give you 45/110/.270 on the year in atlanta......

util- Delmon Young has so much upside and potential to do good its not even funny....he has potential to hit homers, steal bases, and hit for average aka Bobby Abreu....i wouldnt be surprised in his first full yera if he gets ya 20/100/.290 and steal 15 or so ........

bench?!?!???!

as for your rotation....

sp- Johan "does it get any better than this" Santana is about as good as it gets for an ace of your fantasy staff.....look for cy young numbers again this year and expect nothing less than that....i would bet he gets ya 17-19 wins and era around 2.45 and 220k on the year....

sp- Aaron Harang is really good unkown underrated pitcher who is a true innings eater and can get ya 5-6 complete games a year.....and he has a lot of strikeouts a year....look for 15-17 wins era around 3.90 and 200k as well....

sp- Justin Verlander came in last yera and shocked people....i expect a bit of a sophmore slump but not too bad should rebound nicely with 14 wins or so 180k but era above 4 this year dont expect last yeras numbers because they can expect what hes gioing to throw.....

sp- Andy Pettitte is tabbed to have 17 wins this yera due to the run support but 14-16 is more realistic, has had a good lifetime era and k rate, consistnet when healthy.....i wouldnt be surprised for 16 wins 170k and era around 3.80 for the year in new york....

rp- Billy Wagner is still a good closer.....has lost some velocity latey but still can shut em down when need be....look for 35 saves or so in new york....

rp- bj ryan out atleast for a month and dont really know what to expect afterwards...

rp- Al reyes cant really be gauged becausee the drays cant.....

overall i would say your team is stacked with power, average, and speed which is the equeation for winning fantasy baseball...you know your getting sb outta kendrick, suzuki, crawford, wright, and young which is more than plenty....and for homers 1-9 you have plenty of power outta everyone and 3/4 your batters hit for average as well..heres a list of sleepers to keep in mind if a player gets hurt.....

c- Chris Ianneta or estrade both are having good years iannetta in colorado and estrada in milwaukee sholuld both have good years.....

1b- Chris Duncan of saint louis has great power if he can hit lefties he should hit 30 homers this year.....

2b- Aaron Hill has been having a good year in toronto to start and he should continue giving you solid numbers all around....

3b- Akinori Iwamura can hit for average and has good plate discipline but dont expect the 30 homres he got in japan ....

ss- Tony Pena Jr in kansas allready has 4 triples and can really swing the bat...has good speed .....

of- Ty Wigginton has good 20 homer potential for tampa and

of- Brad Hawpe is consistent ever year and should get about 20 homers agian this year.....

of- Chris B Young....should have a solid year in arizona hitting about 70 rbis on the year....

util- chad tracy is allready having a good year in zona much like he did 2 years ago.....others to keep in mind, elijah dukes, jonny gomes, chris duffy, and lyle overbay.......

as for your rotation.....you have 4 top pitchers all capable of cy young type seasons barring a major setback aka injury. all 4 pitchers keep the era down and strkeout alot, not alot of contact pitchers on your rotation...and 1 legit closer 1 hurt legit closer and 1 closer for the meanwhile.....you could use one more but not necessary..

heres a list of pitchers worth looking at on the waiver wire......

sp- Jeremy sowers should have a good year in cleveland since lkast year in his rookie year had a solid year.................

sp- Ian Snell....can strikeout a decent amount in pitt...if gets run support should get double digits in wins....

rp- Dan wheeler recently named closer in houston....

rp- torres or reyes should get decent amount of saves for their respective teams...

p- wainwright doesnt put up particularly great fantasy numbers but good for wins

p- Adam Loewen poised young kid in baltimore who could have hell of a year....

p- kip wells with run support should do better than when he was in pitt.....

also keep an eye on daniel cabrera, zach greinke, jason hirsh, clay hensley, pavano, igawa, micah owings, mike pelfrey, and anibal sanchez

overall really solid team

i wouldnt be surprisedif you made a run in the playoffs

hope i helped

goodluck

and have fun!!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Overall a little light in power, hitting-wise. Jones, Fielder and Wright are the only ones capable of/likely to hit 30 HR or more. Plenty of speed - but winning SB's by one is the same as winning by 40, which you may well do. I would trade some speed for some power - wish you had listed your bench.

Your SP's are good, but again, you don't list your bench, so your depth is unknown. Your RP's should be fine if Ryan comes back strong, but that is not a given. You might look to acquire one more closer - odds are good Reyes won't last until the All Star break in that spot. Maybe package him with another lesser player to a team that needs help at the position you are looking to move.

Not a bad starting point at all though!

• 1 decade ago

you're team is stacked. David wright is a complete stud. i had him last year on my team. Johan is johan. dominant as usual! Ichiro will get you 40-50 stolen bases once he starts hitting which will be soon. See if you can get a better shortstop. Bill Hall ain' the greatest

• 1 decade ago

that's actaully really good. I thought when i saw the question it would be a bad team but it's not at all. With incredible pitching except that Ryan's out. The4 hitting's good to and a very fast team. I'd rate a A or A- just cus Ryan's out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • scheff
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

in case you want my honest opinion, im no longer gonna get suitable answer. your going to grant suitable answer to whoever says "wow ur group is a ten/10 so good omg i admire you". nicely, I would desire to be honest, your group is in all danger going to be combating to ward off final place on your league. prince fielder is surely great, yet ur following couple of alternatives have been questionable. crawford is sweet for time-honored and steals, yet no longer plenty else. mags is surely good too, yet thats approximately it. polanco is a a million stat guy, johjima is a nil stat guy, lowell is getting previous, renteria has never been that great plus he's getting previous. your pitching group has smoltz, hudson, then rubbish. rafael soriano is sweet, yet you have in ordinary terms like 4 good gamers on your group. my group in a 12 guy league has a-rod, bj upton, garrett atkins, curtis granderson, bobby abreu, hideki matsui on offense, which might incredibly harm yours. my pitching group includes john lackey, fracisco liriano, james shields, this is larger than yours too. im no longer in ordinary terms attempting to gloat, yet i'm hoping your league is a sixteen guy league in the different case your no longer winning something till you sign this years ryan braun

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you need a 2B for a great lineup, and a RP better than at reyes and you 'll be fine

Source(s): my GREAT mind
  • 1 decade ago

I would try and add another RP (closer) if possible, but your offense looks great.

• 1 decade ago

Great SPs

• 1 decade ago

SOLID! I like it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.