How long does Ativan stay in your system??

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The half-life is 4 hours. That means that it will decrease by half every four hours. For example, if you take 1 mg, you will have .5mg in your bloodstream after 4 hours, .25 after 8 hours, .125 mg after 12 hrs, and .06 mg after 16 hrs, .03 after 20 hrs, and .015mg after 24 hrs., etc.

Source(s): My doctor.

Ativan In System

• mark f

Ativan is a benzodiazepine and is also known under the generic name lorazepam. It has a blood half life of 10 - 20 hours. The effects of lorazepam should be largely gone after 24 to 36 hours. It may still be detectable for 7 - 10 days in trace doses though but it would not be exerting a pharmacological effect after 36 hours. See this page for half life information of benzodiazepines http://www.bcnc.org.uk/equivalence.html

Warning if you are a regular user of lorazepam or other sedative hypnotic drugs it can be dangerous to stop taking them abruptly due to serious withdrawal effects mental and physical.

Hope this answers your question.

Oh boy do I know this question. Ativan is a short acting benzodiazapine (valium, xanax, klonopin, restoril, are all benzos.) Ativan doesn't stay in your system for very long- although it does stay in your system longer than xanax, which leaves your body pretty rapidly. I'd say about 24-48 hours depending on how much Ativan you are taking. DO NOT stop your Ativan all at once or you will experience a very unpleasant seizure. (it happened to me with xanax- I ran out of it, and didn't have any in my bloodstream for three days, and then had my first seizure at work.) Benzos are highly addictive and good for panic and anxiety disorders but respect this drug. Don't self medicate yourself or you will build up a tolerance. I am on klonopin now (for the past 14 years) because I am unable to get off of it. ( I went to rehab and detoxed but then relapsed because the symptoms of withdrawal were too hellish to explain) Be careful!

Source(s): personal experience.

When can y9ou drink alcohol after taking Ativan?

I don't no they feel like they don't stay in my body for long

Source(s): ativan

Do you have to take a drug test?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200608...

See that for some answers.