Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastSouth Africa · 1 decade ago

who is Alf?

Update:

zim$ and some other girl keep using this name when refering to people who they disagree with ... are we "alien life forms" because we are white?

Update 2:

thanks for the answers.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Alf Garnett was the central figure in Britain's most successful sitcom ever called "Till Death us do Part." It ran for 10 years on BBC until 1975 and was resurrected for another few tears in 1982. Alf was an East End London Docker but he loved the Establishment,voted Conservative and was a staunch supporter of the Queen.He was exactly the opposite of what a working class Cockney should be and he clashed non stop with his son in law ( who was Tony Blair's Father in Law) on every subject under the Sun. He routinely referred to his Liverpool born son in law as a "Randy Scouse git" and his wife as a " Silly old moo." The show was so popular and funny that it crossed the Atlantic to the US where they had their own version with a similar type of personality but he was a New Yorker.

Alf would never have made it in the 21st politically correct liberal Society since he called a spade a shovel. To this day I can still recall some of his antics which made a Nation laugh but his values are not mine.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Alf is the name of a furry alien - his show was on television in the 80's.

Alf is an acronym for Alien Life Form...

• 1 decade ago

ALF (Alien Life Form) came from ORK and was played by Robin Williams. It was a comedy show in the 80's and was very funny as only Robin Williams can be. His space ship was damaged and he ended up living with Mindy. He knew nothing about life on earth and so everything was new and strange to him. Great show!!!!!

Source(s): personal experience.
  • 1 decade ago

He is referring to one of the sights contributors - Alf Garnett, I am not aware if the name is an anagram or where its origins lie, maybe he will provide us with clarity.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Nothing racial there Viks...

But the Alf refered to in this category would have to be Alf Garnett... one of our contributors.

And above me is Alf himself, explaining where he got his name from (or at least avatars name)

• 1 decade ago

an alien who had his own TV show, i think it was in the 80s

• Joka B
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

a TV character

• Tsepo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Viks, what does being white have to do with your question. Are you trying to stir something up here. Don't do that! Do you here me? stop it right now!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.