Why compare TPS's with FPS's (Gears of War vs Any FPS)??

As far as I was concerned comparing Gears of War respectively with any FPS is inaccurate. You cannot compare components of games that are of different genres and effectively draw conclusions about them effectively. Personally I would compare Gears of War with Lost Planet or games of the like, namely other Third... show more As far as I was concerned comparing Gears of War respectively with any FPS is inaccurate. You cannot compare components of games that are of different genres and effectively draw conclusions about them effectively.

Personally I would compare Gears of War with Lost Planet or games of the like, namely other Third Person Shooters. I do not find it useful to compare Gears of War with games such as F.E.A.R. as they were not designed to play the same or even similar, they have very different components.

Can someone explain this concept of comparing very DIFFERENT genre games with each other and the benefits of these comparisons as I don't get it. I actually own both of these games. I play many FPS's and have played a significant amount of both of these games. I can confirm that F.E.A.R. is a great game and so is Gears of War but in their own right. I find it more beneficial to compare games like Resistance (PS3) and F.E.A.R. as you can compare each of the components effectively as FPS's.
1 answer 1