I am getting fired because I reported violation of compliance (SOX) to CEO level. What action should I take?

Hi, I think I am getting fired because I reported violation of revenue recognition related case to CEO/Auditor level. What course of action can I take? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

For one thing I would retain any and as much proof of your actions so far. Did you report this in an email? Don't forget any communication. You may need this to proove yourself for your next job.

Next see a lawyer . You may have a case for wrongfull dismissal, depending on where you live.

Always report to your immediate boss unless you feel you cannot trust them. In that case, you should have made sure your company had a non-retaliation policy that can be enforced. Most do not. They will simply allow you to work in the same environment allowing people to make your life miserable. Didn't get the day off you want? Can't leave early? Some extra work piling up? You can file a suit against the company providing they have not preempted your suit by creating written warnings after the incident.

Good for you! The Sarbanes-Oxley act takes into consideration the reporting of deceit and has a whistle blower section that protects the people who report deceit. If your company is governed by SOX, you my friend are protected under this act of congress. Of course, this depends on what the violation is and what led to it, but I don't think you're talking about a deficiency. Corruption is exactly why SOX was enacted.

ok i'm extremely annoyed. I dislike Yankees followers yet I delight in them. they seem to be a historic franchise. I do Hate in spite of the reality that bandwagon yankee/sox followers on condition that they dont understand some element approximately baseball. some Yankee followers dont even understand who Babe Ruth is and a few Sox followers dont understand who Carl Yastrzemski is. Its annoying reason then Yankee followers look in any appreciate Sox followers that way. i'm a authentic fan and that i dont hate the Yankees. Yeh I dislike them, I doubt they love me yet I delight in them. they're partaking in all reliable and the Sox are to no longer any quantity extra effective. Its fact, each from time to time your in a hunch on the same time as one team is heat and the result's what the Sox are doing dropping. Then I pay attention from some dumbass that oh the Sox=WS and the Yankees are authentic opposition, that extremely pisses me off. If the Sox play like this we would desire to no longer make the playoffs, the Yankees are partaking in super how are they only now opposition, they have been for the previous decade. i choose that bandwagon followers end making us authentic followers look undesirable

Did you go thru your chain of command in trying to fix/correct/report the problem? If not, not much you can do because this is where they will get you. If you didnt go thru your boss because you didnt like/trust him, do you really want to work for that company anyway?

Did you go over boss's head?

Not a wise thing to do.

Specificlly, what violations did you report?

File for unemployment and talk to a lawyer.