Lisa
Lisa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Weight Watchers Points???

How do you calculate how many points you are allowed on the Weight Watchers program? I know it's based on height and weight for sure but I didn't know if anyone knew where I could find a chart or a website with more information on how to calculate how many points I can have?

Favorite Answer

For females: 7 points

For males: 15 points

+

Age

18-20yrs = 5points

21-35 yrs = 4 points

36-50 = 3 points

51-65 = 2 points

+65 = 1 point

+

Weight (in kilograms)

110-119=11p

100-109=10p

90-99=9p

80-89=8p

70-79kg=7p

60-69kg=6p

50-59kg=5p

+

Height

Less than 5'3'' = 1point

More than 5'3'' = 2 points

+

Type of job

No exercise = 0 points

Standing most of the time = 2 points

Moving most of the time = 4 points

Exhausting work = 6 points

+

Your aim

Losing weight: minus 0 points

Maintaining your weight: minus 4 points

So, let's suppose you're a 25 yrs old female, your height is 5'4'', your weight is 60 kgs (this is almost 132lbs), you have an office job (that means no exercise job) and you wanna lose weight.

7+4+6+2+0 = 19 points

You wanna lose weight, so 19-0 = 19 points.

In case you want to maintain: 19+4=23 points

So, you need to eat only 19 points per day.

Calculate the same way according to your age, height, weight, type of job.

I would like to thank the person who posted the quiz because for those of us who don't have the money to spend at meetings or the money to pay for two accounts on ww.com, it's very helpful to be able to do the quiz on your own. BTW, to my best friend who said that the person who asked the question shouldn't be cheap and should go to the meetings...I'm on my fifth try on ww and I've lost the most within the least amount of time (26 pounds in 2 1/2 months)...Guess what? Part of the key to the success is that I decided not to bother with the meetings anymore. They are great for people doing it on their own, but if you live with someone who is doing it with you, and both of you are veterans at it, then you really don't need the meetings if you don't want them.

You calcualte the points by sticking to the plan verbatim. If you deviate you lose points.

Why don't you join and find out? They give out the material at your first meeting. If you are too cheap to do so, then select a different diet.