Double major in environmental engineering and business administration?

I was thinking about double majoring in environmental engineering and business administration but wasnt sure if that would be a viable choice in the longrun. Does anyone know if there are jobs that are available with those two majors? Or should I focus on one area instead.

Favorite Answer

You can combine any thing you want, and make it useful in your career plans.

However it is most likely you'll have to take the direction of either one or the other, because these two fields don't really relate unless you plan to work more on the corporate side of environmental engineering or open your own engineering firm. It can be useful, but engineering is difficult enough as it is, I don't see why you would want to add in upper level economics and accounting courses... it may be an overload and you may end up taking longer to graduate, I personally don't think its worth it.

If you want the insight of one of the fields, but don't necessarily want to delve too much into it, just minor in one and major in the other, that way you can still graduate on time and won't kill yourself with the courseload.

• shanna

Actually, I don't see how one of those majors would compliment the other except in the case where if you couldn't find a job with your degree in environmental engineering, then you'd have your degree in business administration to fall back on. That's just my perspective. But the best advice I can give you is to ask a counselor at your school's career center (or your high school counselor).

Okay... where's the question?