Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Give me your fave songs bands or singers from the 50's thru to the 90's, the more content in your answer highers you chance for winning best answer.
- susandiane311Lv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
1950's : Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers, Fats Domino, Johnny Ace, Jesse Belvin, Everly Brothers, Chuck Berry, Dells, Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, Jimmy Redd, Five Royales, Chuck Willis,Five Royales, Five Satins, Del Vikings, Danny & The Juniors, Johnny Cash, Bill Haley & The Comets, Cadilacs,Diamonds, Pastels, Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, Clovers, Bobby Darin, Ricky Nelson, Conway Twitty, Jack Scott, Ray Charles Slim Harpo, , Bobby Bland, Lloyd Price, Mickey & Sylvia, Ruth Brown, LAvern Baker, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vicent,Little Richard, Ritchie Valens,Dion and the Belmonts, Little Willie John, Little Anthony & The Imperials, Flamingos, Chords, Cleftones, Penguins, Platters, Duane Eddy, Rock & Roll Trio, B.B. King, Link Wray, Wilbert Harrison, Clyde McPhatter, Moonglows, Billy Ward & The Dominoes, Eddie Cochran, Dells, Harptones, James Brown, Chantels, Coasters, Isley Brothers, Bill Doggett, Skyliners, Fleetwoods, Falcons,BigJoe Turner (Many of these artitsts went on to have hits in the 60's forward but I listed them under the 50's since that's when their first hits appeared)
1960's Beatles, Rolling Stones, Marvin Gaye, Roy Orbison,Four Tops, Temptations, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Righteous Brothers, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Martha & the Vandellas, Kingsmen, Otis Redding,Sly& The Family Stone, Contours, Ronettes, Crystals. Sam and Dave, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Percy Sledge, Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs, Who, Chiffons, Stevie Wonder, Little Eva, Clarence Carter, Them, Ben E. King, Beach Boys, Sam the Sham, Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, Animals, Carla Thomas, Darlene Love, Bobby Fuller Four, Ike and Tina Turner, Shirelles, Rascals, Booker T. & The MGs, Dion, B.J. Thomas, Gary "U.S." Bonds, Wilson Pickett, Chris Kenner, Four Seasons, Spencer Davis Group, Led Zeppelin, Impressions, Van Morrison, Shangri-Las, Junior Walker & The All Stars, Jimi Hendrix, Byrds, Searchers, Beau Brummels, Edwin Starr, Gene Chandler, MC5, Sonny & Cher, Jimmy Ruffin, David Ruffin, Kinks, Yardbirds, Billy Stewart, Joe Tex, Dixie Cups, Archie Bell & The Dells, William Bell, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Tokens, James * Bobby Purify, Del Shannon, Eddie Floyd, Manfred Mann, Box Tops, Chuck Jackson, Dionne Warwick, Gene Pitney, Jerry Butler, Johnnie Taylor, Supremes, Bob Seger, Patsy Cline, Guess Who, Jive Five, Johnny Rivers, Solomon Burke, Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels, Joe South, Paul Revere & The Raiders, Freddy King, Albert King, Strangeloves, Tymes, Marcels, Arthur Alexander, Thirteenth Floor Elevators, Tams. Knight Brothers, Steppenwolf, Sheppards, Brenda Holloway Brenton Wood, Delfonics, Soul Brothers, Lee Dorsey, Soul Survivors, Barbara Lynn, Betty Everett, The Band, Lovin' Spoonful, Seeds, Lou Christie, Arthur Conley, Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces, James Carr, Koko Taylor, Shep & The Limelites, Marvelettes, Roger Miller, Surfaris, Ventures, Barbara Lewis, Bee Gees, Charlie Rich, Easybeats, Love, King Curtis, Mary Wells, Simon & Garfunkel, Joe Simon,Eddie Holland, Irma Thomas, Elgins, Buffalo Springfield, Jan & Dean, Jackie DeShannon, Led Zeppelin, Dusty Springfield, Lesley Gore, Cream, Dobie Gray, McCoys, Tommy James & The Shondells, Jefferson Airplane, Donovan,Neil Diamond (A I said about the 50's , many of these artists went on to have hits in coming years after the 60's but first charted in the 60's
1970's - Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Police, Chic,Donna Summer, Trammps. Jackson Five, Clash, Eric Clapton (his solo stuff) Peter Gabriel, Al Green, War, Mel & Tim, Curtis Mayfield ( as a solo artist), Persuaders, Earth, Wind, & Fire, Kool & The Gang, Chi-Lites, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, O'Jays, Chairmen Of The Board, Three Degrees, Spinners, Ann Peebles, Jimmy Cliff, Carole King, Bob Marley, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, MichaelJackson(solo career), Jackson Browne, Fleetwood Mac, Stylistics, Doobie Brothers, Eagles, Roxy Music, Thin Lizzy, Parliament, Funkadelic, Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes, Elvis Costello, Undisputed Truth, Queen, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Grand Funk Railroad, Patti Smith, Foreigner, Steely Dan, Manhattans, Hall & Oates, Gloria Gaynor, Jackie Moore, Lasalle,Denise, Dorothy Moore, Bloodstone, Raspberries, Commodores, T.Rex, Staple Singers, Tavares, Alice Cooper,Elton John, Ray Parker & Raydio, Teddy Pendergrass, Hot Chocolate,Labelle, George McCrae, Gwen McCrae, K.C. & The Sunshine Band, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, David Bowie, The Sweet, Styx. Marshall Tucker Band, Elvin Bishop, Wet Willie,
ETC, ETC, ETC I Could Gone On For Hours!
- ?Lv 45 years ago
I Dislike Mainstream Music Because Theres No Real Rock There, We've Resorted To Putting A Pop Band Like Fall Out Boy In The Metal Section In Music Shops. Its Terrible. Im Going To Get So Many TD For This But I Don't Care. Theres Some Great Newer Bands But You Have To Dig Deep For Them Which Is A Shame. Rock Now Is Watered Down And Far Too Poppy, And I Dislike Most Of There Fans Too Because They All Follow This Silly Trend To Stay Cool. Hopefully, Rock Will Change. Theres Some Good New Metal Bands, But They Hardly Ever Get Any Radio Play Or Whatever. Which Is Why Now, People Walk Around Singing ''Shake, Shake, Shake It' And Think There Hardcore Rockers Just Because The Vocalist Has Tattoos. Q2: Im 15 Years Old And I Mainly Listen To The Old Stuff; Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Skid Row, Motley Crue, Nazereth, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Etcc. I Can Go On Forever.
- 1 decade ago
1. Rush - 2112 It's an epic story of a future man discoving a guitar behind a waterfall in the year 2112. The world is ruled by the Solar Federation and when he presents his findings to the Priests of the "Temple of Syrinx", they smash the guitar and tell him the world has no need for "silly whims" like music. So, he wanders the streets alone and finally ends up killing himself during "Soliloquey" (sp?). It's a sad testimony to the direction that music is going and what a world and eventually universal government may do with too much power.
2. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd What an incredible guitar solo! It soars and dips and leaves you full of emotion. The lyrics are intense and represent the way children may feel about their parents or society.
3. YYZ - Rush (OK, I like Rush) Neil Peart at his best on drums. An instrumental that is titled after the call letters for Toronto Airport where the band is from. The beat is Morse code for Y-Y-Z.
4. Anything by the Beatles. Listen to earlier music and watch as it progresses from pop to rock to drug induced tripping music and then as the split, each develops their own style and they come into their own as writers and musicians.
5. Dream On - Aerosmith OH MY GOD, when Steven Tyler sucks air in through his teeth in the first few lines, it makes me want to melt. He was soooooo hot in the day, and to tell you the truth, I'd still take that hook-up!
6. Rock and Roll Band - Boston If you've ever been a professional musician, this is EVERY band's story. It touches me in ways I can't explain. How sad that Delp felt he had to take his own life.
7. Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix What a loss to the music world to lose Jimi. He was real, he was down, he was an incredible guitarist and writer. He lived hard and loved hard. What a guy! Purple Haze is the ultimate tribute to the drug scene.
8. Up on the Roof - The Drifters Can Papa Bear sing it out or what? I got to meet and dance with him once while he sang this song. It's a self-exploring quiet song. Who ever thought about writing how it's ok to be alone? Great song.
9. Lovin', Touchin' and Squeezin' - Journey This one is a memory one for me. Brings back memories of riding on the soccer bus at Worthington High School and singing with my teammates. It immortalizes my high school years.
10. I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick Robin Zander sang this like he meant it and Rick Neilson jammed on the guitar. One of the best live acts I've ever seen.
11. Alison - Elvis Costello Was he in love or what?
12. Bohdisatva - Steely Dan Another song that brings back memories of high school and cruising to out of town concerts.
13. Rockin' Down the Highway - Doobie Brothers Ditto to the above! Wow, smokin', tokin' and cruisin'.
14. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young Absolutely their best song ever. It's a great jam and has sweeping harmonies. Woodstock rock!
15. Little Willy - Sweet OK, this one's an odd one because I never owned the album, but it really rocked! Their next hit was "Fox on the Run" and was pitiful.
16. Cover of Rolling Stone - Dr. Hook Great spoof on bands that think they are all that because they made an album.
17. The Weight - Grateful Dead Do I need to explain? It's Jerry!
18. Layla - Eric Clapton The original version lets him jam on some great guitar licks and was a great hard rockin' love song.
19. Deja Voodoo - Kenny Wayne Shepherd I went a little outside the box on this one. Don't know the year it was released, but in the classic style of Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kenny adds his own magic and throaty vocals and makes this song send chills up your spine.
20. Can YouPicture That - Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem Look it up. Listen. You'll laugh, I promise.
- 1 decade ago
Otis Redding, any songs are great.
Richie valans - donna,labamba
Fats domino - blueberry hill
The beach boys
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Led zeppelin with there led zeppelin 1-4 CDs and ther voicalist robert plant, ther guitarist jimmy page hes a guitar GOD and there bassist john paul jones and there crazy *** drummer. also Eric claptin awsome acoustic guitaring, Black sabbath there songs have a strong meaning behind them with an aswome guitar player and of cource ozzy, jimmi hendrix is also good he has amazing guitar licks amzing voice.
My favorite songs are iron man, stair way to heaven, whole lotta love, purple haze, cocain, Buffalo soldier, shout at the devil, , caress me down
- ipodlady231Lv 71 decade ago
we'll, i like the b-52's; Their songs were pretty different.
I like the bee gee's too, but i don't know why. Their songs just makes me feel happy for some reason. I like Al green, but if i listen to one of his songs for too long, it will start to get really annoying.i also like:
Gnarls barkley (i'm pretty sure they were from the 90's)
KC and the Sunshine Band
Snoop dogg is okay
Missy elliot (escpecially her videos)
oh yeah, thanks for reminding me up there, i also like Super tramp
- ?Lv 71 decade ago
the beach boys.
les paul and mary ford.
frankie valli and the four seasons.
the four tops.
tghe allman brothers.
cheap trick.Source(s): me
- Anonymous1 decade ago
air, beatles, beach boys, atomic rooster, the doors, pink floyd, john lennon, nirvana, beck, the band, cream, bling melon, blondie, bob dylan, the byrds, david bowie, donovan, E.L.O., fleetwood mac, frank zappa&the mothers of invention, parliament funkadelic, guns n roses, iggy and the stooges, james brown, janis joplin, jefferson airplane, jrthro tul, jimi hendrix, johnny cash, the kinks, led zeppelin, lou reed, love, lynard skynard, mamas and the papas, marvin gaye, metallica, neil young, pearl jam, pink floyd, pixies, primal scream, queen, REM, radiohead, ravi shankar, red hot chili pepppers, rolling stones, roxy music, saior, santana, simon and garfunkel, small faces, smashing pumpkins, soundgarden, stranglers, the police, strawberry alarm clock, t.rex, white stripes, the who, yardbirds, yes,
ok!! there's the majority of my itunes emptied out for you!!