95 Chrysler LHS Cruise Control Problems?

I have a 1995 LHS and the cruise control doesn't work at all. When I try to use it, the dash light comes on but when I try to engage it, nothing happens and when I let off the gas, it slows down. I asked a mechanic what it could be, he said it's probably not worth it to even attempt to fix it (without looking at the car). I really need it fixed, does anyone know what the problem could be and if it is worth the money to fix it? I do not have a manual so I don't know if maybe I'm setting it wrong or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Starting with the simplest answer first you turn it on then you must hit the set button or accel. Button if that doesn’t work look for a vacuum hose that has a crack in it or is disconnected

If your cruise light is coming on that's good, it means that electricly, it's okay. The most common problem is a vacuum leak. Check all the vacuum lines going to the cruise servo under the hood. Pull the vaccum line off of the servo ( with the engine running ) and put your finger over it. Can you feel the vacuum? It should be pretty strong. Give that a try :)