95 Chrysler LHS Cruise Control Problems?

I have a 1995 LHS and the cruise control doesn't work at all. When I try to use it, the dash light comes on but when I try to engage it, nothing happens and when I let off the gas, it slows down. I asked a mechanic what it could be, he said it's probably not worth it to even attempt to fix it (without looking at the car). I really need it fixed, does anyone know what the problem could be and if it is worth the money to fix it? I do not have a manual so I don't know if maybe I'm setting it wrong or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Starting with the simplest answer first you turn it on then you must hit the set button or accel. Button if that doesn’t work look for a vacuum hose that has a crack in it or is disconnected

• 1 decade ago

If your cruise light is coming on that's good, it means that electricly, it's okay. The most common problem is a vacuum leak. Check all the vacuum lines going to the cruise servo under the hood. Pull the vaccum line off of the servo ( with the engine running ) and put your finger over it. Can you feel the vacuum? It should be pretty strong. Give that a try :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.